I guess Reid was serious about his assistants

Started by bobbyinlondon, January 13, 2006, 03:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbyinlondon

After Childress got hired, he did a Q & A and one of the questions was "Did you talk to Andy Reid about bringing some assistants from Philly with you?"

To which Childress replied, "We've been talking about that the last couple of years. He basically said, 'Find your own.' "

Per the Inquirer this morning:

-- You've probably noticed that none of Andy Reid's assistants followed Brad Childress to Minnesota. That's because Reid told Childress he couldn't have any of them. Since all of them are under contract to the Eagles, Childress would have needed Reid's permission to hire any of them, even for a coordinator's job. Reid lobbied hard the last couple of years to help Childress get a head-coaching job. But he always has made it clear to him - just as then-Packers coach Mike Holmgren did to Reid when he took the Eagles job - that he'd have to shop elsewhere for his assistants. Childress ended up hiring Bucs secondary coach Mike Tomlin as his defensive coordinator and Packers quarterbacks coach Darrell Bevell as his offensive chief. Childress will handle the offensive playcalling.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

We really lucked out when we didn't lose our WR coach.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

T_Section224

Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SunMo

nobody was whining about the WR coach last year, weird, he must have done a good job then.  i'm sure it has nothing to do with the talent on the roster.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

Wingspan

maybe no one actually knows where the WR coach is?

g-g-g-g-i-mm-e m-m-my s-s-stapl-l-ler
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MadMarchHare

So we can expect the Novacare Center to be burned to the ground any day now?
Anyone but Reid.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: bobbyinlondon on January 13, 2006, 03:41:52 AM
-- You've probably noticed that none of Andy Reid's assistants followed Brad Childress to Minnesota. That's because Reid told Childress he couldn't have any of them. Since all of them are under contract to the Eagles, Childress would have needed Reid's permission to hire any of them, even for a coordinator's job. Reid lobbied hard the last couple of years to help Childress get a head-coaching job. But he always has made it clear to him - just as then-Packers coach Mike Holmgren did to Reid when he took the Eagles job - that he'd have to shop elsewhere for his assistants. Childress ended up hiring Bucs secondary coach Mike Tomlin as his defensive coordinator and Packers quarterbacks coach Darrell Bevell as his offensive chief. Childress will handle the offensive playcalling.

Great...another thing Andy has in common with Holmgren.  Now if can just get that Super Bowl ring.   :'(
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It will be interesting to see how Childress calls the plays and find out if he's better or worse at it than Andy.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Great...another thing Andy has in common with Holmgren

they also share a penis...holmgrens
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

I really doubt Childress remembers how to call a play.