Reggie Brown: Future #1? According To Mike Quick - "Yes."

Started by Rome, January 01, 2006, 09:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Quote from: Diomedes on January 06, 2006, 05:03:51 PM
What did you say?

Eagles fans would never turn on their best receiver and extol the merits of a fourth stringer. Never!
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

FreakisaKearseWord

OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF #90 DARREN HOWARD

hunt

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 05, 2006, 08:39:18 AM
Quote from: mhunt on January 05, 2006, 08:36:14 AM
Quote from: FFatPatt on January 04, 2006, 04:55:22 PM
I don't want Moulds and Randle-El.

why not?

Because plugging two new receivers into the offense at once greatly reduces the likelihood that Donovan would be able to build a repoire with both of them.  I'd rather the Eagles add one key piece to the passing offense.

Plus, the last thing we need is more excuses not to create a running game.  I'd much rather the Eagles add a WR and a bigger, change-of-pace RB than two WR's.

they won't use the running game...what makes anyone think andy reid will change?

if they're gonna pass 70% of the time...which they are...shouldn't they have good wr's?

lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PhillyPhreak54

They won't pass 70% of the time next year.

It'll be a 60/40 mix again.

fansince61

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 08, 2006, 10:55:53 AM
They won't pass 70% of the time next year.

It'll be a 60/40 mix again.

Sounds like Wilburs catch stats...60% of the time he has a 40% chance of catching a ball that hits him in the hands :-D :-D

PhillyFan

FYI - Here's the run pass ratio each year under Andy Reid:

64.5%
35.5% rush

60.8% pass
39.2% rush

55.8% pass
44.2% rush

54.4% pass
45.6% rush

57.7% pass
42.3% rush

61.0% pass
39.0% rush

55.2% pass
44.8% rush

Total
58.5% pass
41.5% rush

I haven't seen too much on the average league pass/run ratio, although I did see that in 2002 the NFL average was about 56.7% pass and 42.3% rush, so the Eagles were more balanced than the average team that year.

So the Eagles under Reid really only were way out of whack this year and that is in large part to the defense giving up big leads early and the Eagles needing to throw it to try and get back in the game.  And even including this year, Reid's total ratio is more balanced than the 60/40 goal. 

In the other two seasons were they threw at a rate greater than 58% percent, one year was last year when they had TO and Reid was having fun chucking the ball around and rolling up big points.  The other year was 2000 when Duce got hurt and they had the Darnell Autry/Amp Lee/Chris Warren/Stanley Pritchett mess at running back.     

hunt

reid runs a pass first offense...can we agree on that?  ;D
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Dillen

Quote from: mhunt on January 08, 2006, 12:15:21 PM
reid runs a pass first offense...can we agree on that?  ;D

According To Mike Quick - "Yes."

PhillyPhanInDC

One name I haven't heard being tossed around much on this board is Brandon Lloyd. The dude has skills, and he really was the only highlight on the shtein team this year. I kind of like him over Moulds because A) he'll come cheaper and B) He is much younger than Moulds. He has been able to demonstrate he's a number one, and a big time playmaker.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on January 08, 2006, 06:47:42 PM
One name I haven't heard being tossed around much on this board is Brandon Lloyd.

The reason could be that he's not going to be an unrestricted free agent.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 08, 2006, 06:49:07 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on January 08, 2006, 06:47:42 PM
One name I haven't heard being tossed around much on this board is Brandon Lloyd.

The reason could be that he's not going to be an unrestricted free agent.

He'll be a restricted FA, and it is possible they may apply the low tender to him.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD_Eagle5

I thought this was interesting from Spew's postseason analysis:

QuoteI hope Antwaan Randle-El becomes an unrestricted free agent. He's a good, good player, a tough guy, a versatile player. He is not a No. 1-type receiver, but he helps any teams he's with.

Yes, I realize he's just a PR guy but you have to wonder if maybe he's heard something from the front office. I personally think Randle El would be a nice addition,  but think he's going to want too large a deal.