Reggie Brown: Future #1? According To Mike Quick - "Yes."

Started by Rome, January 01, 2006, 09:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillen

Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 03, 2006, 08:44:37 AM
Quote from: SimonPinkston9087 on January 02, 2006, 08:16:23 PM
I don't think a top WR is a top prioroity, because we won with okay WR's before and we can do it again

what exactly did they win?  a Super Bowl?  no.
Not to mention the NFC sucked then, too.

PhillyPhreak54

Reggie Brown was one of the diamonds among the shtein this year. I think he will become a very good player and be our #1 WR. Not next year but in 2007 he will be a #1 WR.

fansince61

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 03, 2006, 06:59:33 PM
Reggie Brown was one of the diamonds among the shtein this year. I think he will become a very good player and be our #1 WR. Not next year but in 2007 he will be a #1 WR.

:yay :yay

MURP

Munson

Sooo....we won a Super Bowl with a star reciever?

Oops. No.

I think Ok WR's, with heavy use of an athletic TE and a RB who LB's can't cover (two things we didn't really have and/or use back when Thrash was our #1...Chad Lewis and Duce were good, but definately not the athlete's that Westy and LJ are, or have the same speed), and also running with Westbrook/Moats/??? would be just fine for the offense in the "improved" NFC.

If We can get someone like Moulds, fine, I'd like it. But I'd much rather see them improve on the lines, the LB's, maybe a better FB.

And anyone who says BillyMac didn't show you SOMETHNIG good is crazy. Yeah he had a few dropped balls, but so did everyone's hero Greg Lewis. Even Reggie had some drops. But McMullen made a bunch of good/great catches this year too, using his hands instead of his body. Something he didn't do his first couple of years. I don't htink he can be/will be a starter either, but let him compete with Greg Lewis for the #3 spot. If he doesn't win, fine, he'll be a good small role player in the #4 spot. Unless the Eagles sign someone like Moulds, I think it'll be #1. Reggie Brown, #2 Todd Pinkston (assuming he's still as fast as he was, because even I admit he's useless if he can't run down the field and catch the deep ball), #3 Greg Lewis, #4 Billy Mac.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

DC,

Good info!  Considering all those other WR's were touted as #1's which I believe all ended up being, Brown's numbers are very, very impressive.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Feva

Quote from: SimonPinkston9087 on January 04, 2006, 01:11:15 AM
Sooo....we won a Super Bowl with a star reciever?

Oops. No.

I think Ok WR's, with heavy use of an athletic TE and a RB who LB's can't cover (two things we didn't really have and/or use back when Thrash was our #1...Chad Lewis and Duce were good, but definately not the athlete's that Westy and LJ are, or have the same speed), and also running with Westbrook/Moats/??? would be just fine for the offense in the "improved" NFC.

That'd be nice... if that was the offense we currently run.  The thing is, we throw the ball so much... it's assinine not to have some quality guys in a position you rely so heavily on.  Yeah, LJ catches balls here and there and contributes... but with the way that the Eagles throw downfield now... you've got to have some guys that can make plays with some kind of consistency.  We simply don't have that at WR.

Quote from: SimonPinkston9087 on January 04, 2006, 01:11:15 AMIf We can get someone like Moulds, fine, I'd like it. But I'd much rather see them improve on the lines, the LB's, maybe a better FB.

With their extra draft picks and their cap situation, the Eagles are in a position to easily do all of the above.  It's not like it's a situation that they have to choose one or the other.

Quote from: SimonPinkston9087 on January 04, 2006, 01:11:15 AMAnd anyone who says BillyMac didn't show you SOMETHNIG good is crazy. Yeah he had a few dropped balls, but so did everyone's hero Greg Lewis.  Even Reggie had some drops.

So it's OK that we have an inconsistent WR in McMullen, because we've got another one in Lewis?  That just shows me what kind of help we need at WR.  Yeah, Reggie's had some drops, but he's also a rookie who's caught for more yards on 5 less catches than Lewis, who's been starting the whole year, and doubled the TD total by Lewis and McMullen, COMBINED. (4 to 2)

Quote from: SimonPinkston9087 on January 04, 2006, 01:11:15 AMBut McMullen made a bunch of good/great catches this year too, using his hands instead of his body. Something he didn't do his first couple of years. I don't htink he can be/will be a starter either, but let him compete with Greg Lewis for the #3 spot. If he doesn't win, fine, he'll be a good small role player in the #4 spot. Unless the Eagles sign someone like Moulds, I think it'll be #1. Reggie Brown, #2 Todd Pinkston (assuming he's still as fast as he was, because even I admit he's useless if he can't run down the field and catch the deep ball), #3 Greg Lewis, #4 Billy Mac.

Too many questions there for me.  Sounds like we're just smelling a bunch of asses and trying to figure out which one stinks the least.  McMullen's shown me that he's too inconsistent to do anything more than take 5-8 snaps a game and hopefully make a catch or two.  Greg's shown that he just doesn't have the ability to be more than a #3... I'm not one to label him soft like a lot of others have because of that INT against Seattle, but I didn't like what I saw there either.  Pinkston, even healthy... is a picture of inconsistency... but now, we have no idea how he's going to recover from this achilles injury.  I just read from the main site that he says that he's not even sure he'll be ready by the post draft mini-camp.  That's too long to wait and see for an unknown at a position of need.

Not addressing WR this offseason is a mistake.  Plain and simple.  I'm not saying they need a complete overhaul... but a vet to kind of even things out.  I'm more than happy with Brown at this point, but I don't think he's ready to get it done at the level we need him to without some help yet.

Moulds or Randle-El or someone of that caliber
Brown
Lewis
Pinky
McMullen
McCants/Jenkins/Ford

= I'm happy.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

McMullen made a bunch of good/great catches this year too, using his hands instead of his body. Something he didn't do his first couple of years. I don't htink he can be/will be a starter either, but let him compete with Greg Lewis for the #3 spot

no...no...and NO!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MURP

Billy McMullen has been stealing paychecks for 3 years now. 

MadMarchHare

Expect him to keep doing so.  We won't sign a FA receiver.  I'm sure of it.
Anyone but Reid.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MadMarchHare on January 04, 2006, 09:35:10 AM

Between you being "sure of" the Eagles not signing any FA receiver and Wingspan having "no doubt" that Reggie Brown will be a stud #1 receiver, we sure have our share of psychics/geniuses around.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyGirl

An idiotic comment like that deserves the same in return.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Cerevant

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 04, 2006, 10:04:45 AM
Quote from: MadMarchHare on January 04, 2006, 09:35:10 AM

::)
Congratulations MMH - you got the first official eye-roll of the year. 
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.