Reggie Brown: Future #1? According To Mike Quick - "Yes."

Started by Rome, January 01, 2006, 09:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Congratulations MMH - you got the first official eye-roll of the year. 

yeah but i got the first icehole
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 04, 2006, 10:13:37 AM

yeah but i got the first icehole

that was the lock of the year
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Beermonkey

I'm seeing a lot of Randle-El love going on around various message boards. When did he become a #1 WR? Other than being valuable as a return man & providing some depth to the WR corp, why do many consider him that elite WR that they need?

MURP

Quote from: Beermonkey on January 04, 2006, 10:21:36 AM
I'm seeing a lot of Randle-El love going on around various message boards. When did he become a #1 WR? Other than being valuable as a return man & providing some depth to the WR corp, why do many consider him that elite WR that they need?

because many have no idea what they are talking about as usual.

SunMo

i've been saying they don't need an "elite" reciever.  they just need to upgrade to 3 competent receivers.  when they had Thrash, Mitchell, and Pinkston they didn't have 3 competent recievers, that group wasn't good enough.  but if you add a Randel-El, Wayne, or Moulds, you will have a group of Brown, FA, Pinkston, GLew.  That group will be good enough to win, assuming the defense is playing back up to an acceptable level and Donovan is healthy.

Wingspan

i dont know what makes people think randel-el would be so much of an upgrade. he really hasnt been anything more than average nfl player.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Diomedes

An average NFL player would constitute an upgrade in my view..
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Wingspan

Quote from: Diomedes on January 04, 2006, 11:22:24 AM
An average NFL player would constitute an upgrade in my view..

over mcmullen and maybe lewis....but i contend that randel-el is not an upgrade over brown or pinktson.

why sign him to play off the bench if the goal is to obtain a WR to start opposite brown? which should be the goal. setting their sights on Wayne, or the very outside shot of moulds, and then signing randel-el instead would be a great letdown.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Wingspan

that being said, pinkston coming back 100% in 2006 is a longshot look at the history of players with his injury. getting randel-el to replace pinkston as a starter would be a downgrade.
Connection Problems

SunMo

it depends what you pay Randel-El, i see him as a slot reciever/punt returner.  so, if it's your belief that Pinkston won't be back, you need to sign someone along with Randel-El.  i agree that they shouldn't bring Randel-El in as the guy to go opposite Brown, that should be either a healthy pinkston or a FA like Wayne or Moulds

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MadMarchHare

Quote from: Cerevant on January 04, 2006, 10:12:35 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 04, 2006, 10:04:45 AM
Quote from: MadMarchHare on January 04, 2006, 09:35:10 AM
Expect him to keep doing so.  We won't sign a FA receiver.  I'm sure of it.

::)

All right, I can add that to my Suicide League Championship. ;D
Anyone but Reid.

MURP

it wont break the bank to get the WR crew to look better.

1. Moulds
2. Brown
3. Randle El
4. G. Lewis
5. draft pick

that looks much better than

1. Brown
2. Pinkston
3. G. Lewis
4. McMullen
5. Na Brown

shtein, if Reid wants to pass 70% of the time he might as well put some effort into obtaining decent WR's.   I just dont think Pink will be the same after this injury.  I see a Buckhalter/Grasmanis situation there.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Magical_Retard

Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!