Reggie Brown: Future #1? According To Mike Quick - "Yes."

Started by Rome, January 01, 2006, 09:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

From Spadaro's post-game column:

QuoteReggie Brown has a chance to be special. He finished his rookie season with 43 catches for 571 yards (13.3-yard average) and four touchdowns. He should only get better. "I can't tell you how much of a difference there is between your first year in the league and your second," said former Eagles star Mike Quick. "You learn all about the game, about how a defender is going to play you. I don't see any weaknesses in Reggie. He had a phenomenal year for a rookie. I think he will be a No. 1 receiver."

I know this season has been a real downer but I've been a big Reggie-supporter since day 1.  He showed flashes all year and deserves every bit of praise that's being directed his way at this point.

Nice game from him today and congrats on a very good rookie season.  I can't wait to see what he'll accomplish with a legitimate NFL quarterback throwing to him next year.

:yay

General_Failure

Greggie showed flashes last year too. Let's wait and see what he does next year.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Dillen

Quote from: General_Failure on January 01, 2006, 09:14:36 PM
Greggie showed flashes last year too. Let's wait and see what he does next year.
Lewis did it as the #3 though, with an offense full of weapons. Reggie is doing it with

General_Failure

That's either the most clever thing you've done or an unfinished post.

Dillen

hunt

spads is just trying to sell brown to the fanbase since the eagles won't go after an established #1 this offseason.
i'm sure of it!
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

jeffreyjpa

I'm sure that's part of it, but I've been impressed with Reggie's performance this year...the kid seemed to get better every game, despite the fact that the QBs throwing him the ball blew.

I still think they need to sign a good (maybe not great) FA WR, like a Keenan McCardell, before next season.

FreakisaKearseWord

OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF #90 DARREN HOWARD

MURP

god forbid they have more than 1 WR on the roster at a time that can make plays.   

The BIGSTUD

Yeah...

Reggie may be a top flight receiver down the road, but he will just be in his second year next season. As good as he looks, this team needs to bring in a number one guy so they can feed off each other. The more weapons the better.

I have a bad feeling the team won't want Moulds after TO. Even though Moulds is nothing like TO, and TO is one of a kind in his insanity. It would be a damn shame if a player like that got cut loose and wouldn't get looked at, unless of course the Eagles find someone else better.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Drunkmasterflex

It is a little too early to tell but Brown certainly looks like he has all the tools.  Those numbers are very solid for a rookie WR.  They still need to add some players at the position.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

EJ72

Some WRs take a few years to round into form but Brown looked pretty decent for a to me for a rookie, especially for a 2nd round pick.

It's not as though there are tons of #1 receivers floating around in FA every year, unless you want an older guy like someone else in the divison has. It's good that he Brown got some valuable experience in a down year for you. He'll be better when he's truly needed to be.

General_Failure

He'll be alright, but McNabb still needs other weapons. Greggie, an injured Pinkston, McMullen, and McCants aren't going to cut it out there. These guys would have been more than adequate with a sane TO out there, but he's long gone.

EJ72

Quote from: EJ72 on January 02, 2006, 02:15:51 AM
Some WRs take a few years to round into form but Brown looked pretty decent to me for a rookie, especially for a 2nd round pick.

It's not as though there are tons of #1 receivers floating around in FA every year, unless you want an older guy like someone else in the divison has. It's good that he Brown got some valuable experience in a down year for you. He'll be better when he's truly needed to be.

Feva

Quote from: MURP on January 02, 2006, 12:07:30 AM
god forbid they have more than 1 WR on the roster at a time that can make plays.   

Dear Lord, Murp... you read my mind.

If you don't have that top notch WR (which we don't anymore) you HAVE TO have more than 1 quality WR in your corps.  It's amazing to me that in an offense that passes the ball as much as we do... it's consistently one of the weakest positions on the team.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews