Main Menu

Donovan Speaks

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 11, 2005, 10:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

BigEd76

I'm Screamin' A and you're not

QuoteTruth be told, McNabb is not a great quarterback; he's a quarterback with great, unlimited potential.

It is no secret that the same quarterback who led the Eagles to four straight NFC championship games and one Super Bowl appearance, who passed for 3,875 yards in the 2004 season, came crashing down to earth with a big thud this season.

Balls were repeatedly underthrown or overthrown. At times, there was no rhyme or reason to his lack of production. His accuracy and timing were sporadic at best. And his subpar season coming fresh off a Super Bowl performance that ended with rumors of his having been sick, out of shape or in panic mode - regardless of their truth or falsehood - only elevated the specter of troubled times.
The Eagles' coddling of McNabb was contagious, with every one of us at some time making excuses for his lack of production instead of focusing on him purely as a football player.

One year, it was his lack of offensive weapons. Then it was Reid's methodical, transparent strategies in pivotal situations. In the Super Bowl, it was Reid again, coupled with claims that McNabb was sick, fatigued or both. And now, after this farce of a season, McNabb's sports hernia is blamed for Philadelphia's demise.

That's not to say any of those claims were false. Nor is it to imply that McNabb is at fault.

McNabb didn't ask for anyone's preferential treatment, sensitivity or sympathy. Yet on so many occasions - especially since Limbaugh's comments in October 2003 - one could argue McNabb got it anyway.

The question is simple: Why?

The belief here is that in a quest to dismiss Limbaugh's claim that the media are "desirous that a black quarterback do well," the rather unhealthy practice of exploring all other options of fault outside of McNabb has been exercised, with McNabb being the person who's suffered most because of it.

The Eagles have gotten away with Lord knows what, because everything diverts attention from their unfathomable quest to be recognized more as salary-cap champions than anything else. Players are subjected to questions about the tumult surrounding this franchise, forced to defend McNabb, usually in fear of retribution or their own job security.

Meanwhile, McNabb's character as a teammate has come into question. He's been labeled a stooge for the organization, viewed as the good ol' boy for Reid, Joe Banner and Jeffrey Lurie. Even when it's clear that he's been victimized, he can't even embrace comfort, knowing he'll be perceived as a grown man wearing a bib: inexplicably viewed as being less of a man because of those Campbell Soup commercials with his mama, who gets as much camera time as her son.

Boy, is that cruel. It seems so unfair. So misguided. So unfortunate that Mondesire, Philadelphia's face for the NAACP, would choose to disseminate such thoughts to the masses.

Then again, that doesn't mean Mondesire started this mess.

Did Mondesire simply point out thoughts so many folks had but so few were willing to express?

It's been a couple of years since we've answered that question. Unfortunately, it may take McNabb the rest of his career to do so.

Wingspan

you know...this city deserves to lose when they show the mentality of that fargtard smith.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'd like to see Stephen write his articles and do his show with his tongue cut out and his fingers broken.

shorebird

Smith is proof positive that just because you can spell, know a lot of big words, and have a good vocabulary doesn't mean your smart!!

Smith is living in his own little world.

QuoteBalls were repeatedly underthrown or overthrown. At times, there was no rhyme or reason to his lack of production. His accuracy and timing were sporadic at best.

??? The man was hurt all year. Maybe that is Smiths rhyme and reason for McNabbs lack of production.

What a farging jackass. He reminds of Don King.

rjs246

Don King doesn't know a lot of big words, probably can't spell and doesn't have a big vocabulary. He's verbose and likes to pretend like he knows big words.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

fansince61

Quote from: rjs246 on December 20, 2005, 07:34:18 PM
Don King doesn't know a lot of big words, probably can't spell and doesn't have a big vocabulary. He's verbose and likes to pretend like he knows big words.

Ya BUT he's "street" :-D

Geowhizzer

It's obvious that McNabb simply isn't "black enough" for Screamin' A.

shorebird

........and that proves you don't have to be smart, know how to spell, or have a big vocabulary to make a lot of money.

rjs246

Isn't that the farging truth. In fact, from what I can tell having any of those attribute precludes you from being rich... or at least being famous.

Let them eat bootstraps.

methdeez

Alan Greenspan's pretty famous.
But he's too damn sexy not be, really.

StevieLeftCollege

I didnt read the article but he has lost his appeal with me.  He may have talent but his lack of desire to run in clutch situations and be a man about things turn me off. 

The way he acted with TO and comments about "people being fired" who dont follow his path make him look like a baby.  The company man line people talk about with him almost look true.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: StevieLeftCollege on December 23, 2005, 03:55:41 PM
I didnt read the article but he has lost his appeal with me.  He may have talent but his lack of desire to run in clutch situations and be a man about things turn me off. 

The way he acted with TO and comments about "people being fired" who dont follow his path make him look like a baby.  The company man line people talk about with him almost look true.

You're as dumb now as you were the last time you posted here.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

StevieLeftCollege

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 23, 2005, 04:40:55 PM
Quote from: StevieLeftCollege on December 23, 2005, 03:55:41 PM

You're as dumb now as you were the last time you posted here.
Right right.

How is that dumb? 

I guess this board is all shteinen talk now, thats all I ever read when i stop over. 

rjs246

I'm curious about Donovan has to do to get people to get off his back?

Take an under-talented offense deep into the playoffs for 4 straight years?
Be named to numerous pro-bowls?
Take the team to the Superbowl, basically singlehandedly, for the first time in over 20 years?
Handle a situation where his coach won't give him any help by establishing a running game like a pro?
Handle a situation where his most talented weapon is a farging assbag and a coward like a man?

Yeah, I'm sick of Donovan too. How boring. I wish he would talk shtein about the coach and the ownership and whine and piss and moan about everything. Then I would love him.

Let them eat bootstraps.