The Snow heading to the east is no joke!

Started by phillymic2000, December 08, 2005, 10:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

i was just behind a guy in a ford focus, guy had chains on his tires.  we start going down a steep and sharp angled hill and his brakes lock up....he goes sliding down and then cuts the wheel and he goes into a bank.  it was hilarious just watching him slide.  he gets going again and around the corner going down a FEDEX truck is stuck closer to the bottom.  i love 4 wheel drive.  although i think i can use some extra weight in the back of my truck.  sandbags....or salt maybe. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

Diomedes

Quote from: mussa on December 09, 2005, 12:15:04 PMalthough i think i can use some extra weight in the back of my truck. sandbags....or salt maybe.

For you, I thought the natural solution would be cinder blocks. 

When you shovel your drive, toss the snow in the bed.  Worked great with my '97 Tacoma. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

curretly i am low on cinder blocks...sad to say...

good idea with the snow :yay
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

QB Eagles

Quote from: MURP on December 09, 2005, 12:18:42 PM
or dead bodies. 

Not sure if that would work. Dead bodies aren't really as heavy as they feel carrying them down to the basement.

Diomedes

Quote from: mussa on December 09, 2005, 12:22:16 PMgood idea with the snow

Thing I liked about it was, soon after I no longer needed the weight, it melted out.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

T_Section224

that's what i used to do dio, worked like a charm and never had to clean up when i didn't need the weight anymore.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

mussa

rigamortis corpse in the back of the truck bed...need bungee

mussa

well my dumbass just put a few scoops of snow into the bed of my truck with my dads john deere.  then i plowed his driveway. i left flooring it down the driveway, it hugs the snow, def better traction with the weight.   got out of the truck checked to see the mail...as i was getting back in the truck i slipped on my ass, busted my leg on the bottom of the door.  stupid.  now i remember snow can be a bitch sometimes.  i also remembered that i park my truck in my garage.  my garage is a good 20 degress warmer than the outside.  the big fargin pile of snow in my truck bed will melt and ill have a shtein load of water in the garage.  i am an idiot.  there i admit it.  thanks for the advice!   >:(

hbionic

Quote from: mussa on December 09, 2005, 03:44:39 PM
well my dumbass just put a few scoops of snow into the bed of my truck with my dads john deere.  then i plowed his driveway. i left flooring it down the driveway, it hugs the snow, def better traction with the weight.   got out of the truck checked to see the mail...as i was getting back in the truck i slipped on my ass, busted my leg on the bottom of the door.  stupid.  now i remember snow can be a bitch sometimes.  i also remembered that i park my truck in my garage.  my garage is a good 20 degress warmer than the outside.  the big fargin pile of snow in my truck bed will melt and ill have a shtein load of water in the garage.  i am an idiot.  there i admit it.  thanks for the advice!   >:(

You have just read another selection of :CF Grouphug...and by 'grouphug'...I mean 'point and laugh at my life'.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Tomahawk

Quote from: mussa on December 09, 2005, 03:44:39 PM

Get bags of sand. Or cinderblocks. Or anything of weight, like your dumbass.

mussa

no fargin shtein...just let me loosen the cinderbrick from your sheeps crushed skull. and by "sheep" i mean mother. 

Tomahawk

You crushed my mother's skull with a cinderblock? I bet that hurt, and maybe even left a mark.

Diomedes

Quote from: mussa on December 09, 2005, 03:44:39 PMi also remembered that i park my truck in my garage. my garage is a good 20 degress warmer than the outside. the big fargin pile of snow in my truck bed will melt and ill have a shtein load of water in the garage. i am an idiot. there i admit it. thanks for the advice!

:-D :-D :-D :-D

I've never owned a garage, or lived in a place with access to one.  Didn't think of that.  Farging hilarious.  :-D

So now what you gotta do is open the tail gate, stop the truck at the bottom of a hill, then gun it to unload the back.  Just try not to wreck.  Dumbass.  :-D

T_Section224

Quote from: Diomedes on December 09, 2005, 03:57:00 PMI've never owned a garage, or lived in a place with access to one. Didn't think of that. Farging hilarious. :-D
yeah, when i had my pick up i didn't have a garage either, never thought of the garage effect, ha.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum