The Snow heading to the east is no joke!

Started by phillymic2000, December 08, 2005, 10:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

After being told the last two days that we would only see 1-3 inches of snow tonight in Chicago, I now have about 6-7 inches of snow, and it is still coming down. Good luck out east with this one :o

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

A plane just slid off the runway at Midway.  Snow is to blame, according to CNN.  No injuries on the plane, but it hit a car so there may be injuries there..
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Snowstorms usually wear themselves out before they make it over the mountains, so we'll get very little here. Supposedly 1-3 inches tonight and 1-3 more in the morning.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

What's this "snow" you folks keep talking about?

Diomedes

It's great stuff, snow.  You don't know what you're missing, Hurricane Boy.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on December 08, 2005, 10:30:38 PM
It's great stuff, snow.  You don't know what you're missing, Hurricane Boy.

Nothing more exhilarating than 130 mph winds ripping your neighbor's roof to shreds.  :paranoid

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on December 08, 2005, 10:21:52 PM
A plane just slid off the runway at Midway.  Snow is to blame, according to CNN.  No injuries on the plane, but it hit a car so there may be injuries there..

like a stair car?

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

While I was quite happy with the weather on the coast over the summer I do admit that it's a total drag knowing that not only will I most likely not see any snow this winter but I'll probably be celebrating X-mas wearing flip flops and a hawaiian shirt.  :-\

Diomedes

MDS

EJ72

We've had 8 inches out here so far, about 90 miles east of Chicago. They were saying 2-5 this morning, but they kept on knocking it higher and higher. I still love snow as long as my snowblower's running.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Smog.  Earthquakes.  Traffic.  Dodgers.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

hbionic

Humidity. Hurricanes. East Coast. Rednecks.

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05