Mets Off-Season Thread

Started by DH, December 07, 2005, 11:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

Yea, but w/ Glavine facing Marquis and Capuano facing Lide, we'll be back to a 2 game lead in no time.

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

I'm thinking about heading up to that trash dump of a ballpark they have in Queens for the series next week. If I end up going to the thursday game, I'll bring my broom since it'll obviously be the capper to sweepjob at the hands of the lethal Johnny Lieber (I think its him, might be King Cole).
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Go to Flushing and rip Wagner every chance you get. Fit him into every sentence you speak while up there.

"Hello, Mr. Sodaman. I am too young to buy beer so gimme a coke and a blown save like Billy Wags"

"What do you want on your hotdog, sir?"

"Umm...mustard, relish and a hard no movement fastball like Billy Wags has"

Geowhizzer

Eagles_Legendz

I'll be up there next week as well, for the Wed. (should be Hamels I believe) and Thursday games.  Need to go buy myself an Utley jersey before I head up though.

Rome

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 15, 2006, 05:50:26 AM
Quote from: Bunkley78 on May 14, 2006, 11:58:17 PM
Lidle>Glavine.

What fantasy world DO you live in?

One with an atmosphere that is 1% oxygen and 99% sarcasm?

Feva

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 15, 2006, 12:00:18 PM
Lidle>Glavine.

This is Bunkley we're talking about man.  You really sure you wanna go out on that limb?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 15, 2006, 03:28:08 AM
Go to Flushing and rip Wagner every chance you get. Fit him into every sentence you speak while up there.

"Hello, Mr. Sodaman. I am too young to buy beer so gimme a coke and a blown save like Billy Wags"

how about some d-cells to the crome dome?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 15, 2006, 12:00:18 PM
Lidle>Glavine.

Romey,

For anyone else on this board I'd assume that.  But for Bunkley, I'm not sure I can.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 15, 2006, 03:28:08 AM

That's comedy. 

Geowhizzer

So why do the Mets' fans still post everything in "Mets Offseason Talk?"

Deep down, I'm sure they all know that it's over for them in 2006, and are preparing for more disappointment in 2007.  ;)

DH

The Phils go on a hot streak and now all of the sudden you guys are ready to give them the division? Get real, people.

Sure, the Phils have been playing good ball the last 2 weeks. Hot streaks end. The Mets happen to be slumping a bit of late. Slumps end too.

Pennant races aren't won in May. Try to keep that in mind.

PhillyPhreak54

No, but they are lost early on, bro. Look at the Phils last year.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Die-Hard on May 15, 2006, 10:51:40 PM
The Phils go on a hot streak and now all of the sudden you guys are ready to give them the division? Get real, people.

Sure, the Phils have been playing good ball the last 2 weeks. Hot streaks end. The Mets happen to be slumping a bit of late. Slumps end too.

Pennant races aren't won in May. Try to keep that in mind.

Who gave the Phils the division?  I'm just excited that they started to play well before the All-Star Break.

But, still, why are all the Mets fans posting in the "offseason" thread during the season?