Previous topic - Next topic

DH

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

Rome

QuoteMets Raise Ticket Prices

By BEN SHPIGEL
Published: December 22, 2006

Mets fans will pay a price for last season's success. The team raised ticket prices for every seating level, the steepest increase being $12 for box seats. Those tickets now range from $72 to $108, compared with the $60 to $96 range last season.

The ticket prices for seats in the inner loge boxes went up by $7 ($52-$82), as did those in inner field boxes ($47-$77). Prices for the outfield field and loge boxes swelled by $4 ($36-$54), while those for the loge reserved ($30-$48) and the best seats in the upper reserved section went up by $3 ($25). The smallest increase was $2, in the mezzanine reserved and upper box ($21-35).

The Mets also announced a few discount plans, including a holiday promotion. Tickets for five games can be purchased for $37. They also set aside 20,000 seats in 36 of 81 games to be bought in $9 or $5 value packs.

Ouch.   :-D

DH

Thats peanuts compared to what prices will be like when CitiField opens.

Rome

Baseball tickets prices are absurd but people seem to have no problem forking over whatever the teams are interested in charging.

DH

Have you been to an NBA game lately?

Rome

Quote from: Die-Hard on December 23, 2006, 09:01:14 PM
Have you been to an NBA game lately?

I went to a Magic game earlier this year.  My tickets cost $10 each.

:-D

DH

Most lower level seats in the NBA go for at least 50-60 a pop. And thats just behind the basket. Youre looking at like 2 bills to be a halfcourt at most NBA arenas. Their ticket prices are out of control considering there are 41 home games a year. (44 if you count the pre-season)

Romey - you comin up for the ATL game?

Rome

Quote from: Die-Hard on December 25, 2006, 12:50:40 AM
Most lower level seats in the NBA go for at least 50-60 a pop. And thats just behind the basket. Youre looking at like 2 bills to be a halfcourt at most NBA arenas. Their ticket prices are out of control considering there are 41 home games a year. (44 if you count the pre-season)

Romey - you comin up for the ATL game?

Nope.  If we have a home playoff game, I'll come up for that.

PhillyPhreak54

Ray Ratto reporting;

A's get Lastings Milledge

Mets get Joe Blanton

BigEd76

Done deal or the thing from 2 days ago?

12/31 column

Quotethe next cleat to fall will not be on the Giants' side, but in Oakland, where the dramatically more successful Athletics, having already lost Frank Thomas, Jay Payton and Ken Macha, are likely to also dispatch their winningest pitcher, Joe Blanton, to New York as part of a deal that would fetch one of Billy Beane's longest-held desirables, outfielder Lastings Milledge.

PhillyPhreak54

Not sure - I was reading a thread on PhilaPhans that said it was a deal...

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

Why John Thomson picked the Blue Jays over the Mets:

Quote"As far as just looking at Paul Lo Duca across the field, I'm not really into how he acts behind the plate.  I know a bit about Gregg Zaun and I know he wants to win and he's not going to let anything get in his way to do that, and I like that.

"And then with Vernon Wells in center field, I'm not really concerned about the outfield with him out there. ... Just watching the Mets' outfield, if Cliff Floyd is still there it's not a real good fit for him out there. He can hit the ball, but as far as defense, he's a little shaky.

"I just liked what's happening in Toronto."