Mets Off-Season Thread

Started by DH, December 07, 2005, 11:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

if he doesnt root for the teams, you should literally beat him until he does. thats what my dad did to me when i started rooting for the mariners, and i turned out juuuuust fine.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I had a Mariners hat one time. And an Indians one too. Why? Because I loved the Mariners teal caps with the dark blue bill and I was a big time Griffey Jr. fan when I was in HS. And I bought an Indians hat because I love Lou Brown, Roger Dorn, Rick Vaughn and Willie Mays Hays.

Now I only have Phils hats.

The point here? None at all. Just piggybacking MDS' comment about the Mariners. Oh, and MDS, your pops should have beaten you a little more. Just for shteins and giggles.

Oh...F the Mets!

Geowhizzer

I have an Indians hat from 1995... I wanted them to beat the Braves, too.  Too bad the Indians were the only team that were bigger chokers than Atlanta.

DH

Quote from: Bunkley78 on May 14, 2006, 12:43:07 AM
It's called bandwagon.

Not exactly, friend. When I was young, my dad couldnt get Giants or Jets tickets, so he got Eagles tix. He was though able to get Mets tickets.

And that is how you become a Eagles and Mets fan.

Wingspan

when i was a kid...i rooted for the indians as well. i have no idea why, i just decided to pick an AL team.

anyway...farg the mets
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Feva

Quote from: Bunkley78 on May 14, 2006, 12:43:07 AM
It's called bandwagon.

Yeah, bandwagon... cuz Lord knows there's been a ton of championships between the Mets and Eagles to brag about.  Get real.

Anyways... I grew up in NY so most of my fave teams are in NY, the Mets, Knicks and so on.  Didn't really feel the Gnats, Jets or Bills... I picked up on the Eagles when I was 11 and have been with them for almost 20 years.

Kiss my ass with that Bandwagon crap.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

BigEd76

uh oh....smells like 1 game back!  >:D

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 14, 2006, 04:51:01 PM

Great... way to jinx it... ED.

Rome

Boil him in a pot like Mandingo?

Rome

Ahahahaha!  Get Mandingo a Mint Julip because he called that shtein!

Mutts lose 6-5 on a homer by someone who has never changed the oil in my car!

Phils just 1 skinny-ass little game back!   :-D

Feva

You understand a hot streak only lasts so long, right.  ;)
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: EagleFeva on May 14, 2006, 05:41:19 PM

You understand a hot streak only lasts so long, right.  ;)

Yup, and so do the Mets.

The BIGSTUD

The Mets will be under .500 in no time.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Feva

...maintaining at least a 3 game lead over the Phils, of course.

BigEd76

NY heads to St. Louis, while the Phils face Chris Capuano and two no-names