Eagles/Giants - Post Game thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, November 20, 2005, 04:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: fansince61 on November 20, 2005, 05:33:09 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 20, 2005, 05:11:17 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on November 20, 2005, 05:08:34 PM
I like my version better.

Should I eat Mexican food tonight or should I just order pizza?

Mexican ;D  My FAVORITE ;D ;D ;D

Italian's actually my favorite but I went with Mexican. Just got a California Burrito with sourcream and some chips & salsa from Santana's  :drool

fansince61

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 20, 2005, 06:03:43 PM
Quote from: fansince61 on November 20, 2005, 05:33:09 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 20, 2005, 05:11:17 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on November 20, 2005, 05:08:34 PM
I like my version better.

Should I eat Mexican food tonight or should I just order pizza?

Mexican ;D  My FAVORITE ;D ;D ;D

Italian's actually my favorite but I went with Mexican. Just got a California Burrito with sourcream and some chips & salsa from Santana's  :drool

Awesome..jealous :boom :boom

SD_Eagle5

BigEd76

With all the streaks that have been broken this year, is it actually possible that the Green Bay one of not winning here since 1962 could also be gone?  :-\

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

fansince61

SD_Eagle5

Another person who deserves criticism is JJ. QBs are obviously reading his blitzes and exploiting them. He's done a lousy job of disguising his defensive schemes this season.

I hate being critical of him, but he deserves the blame.

Phillyiggles_fan

Is it just me or do teams really seems to be beating the blitz much better than last year for big gains?

Is that because we're  not (whoops forgot the not) getting close enough to the QB to hurry them or b/c our DB's are just looking like burnt toast partly b/c of the tighter Interference/holding enforcement.

I do think there's a lot more shootout this year b/c of the way referee's are calling games.  Just I don't think that's the Eagles only problem.
Beware of Dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup...

fansince61

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 20, 2005, 06:42:38 PM
Another person who deserves criticism is JJ. QBs are obviously reading his blitzes and exploiting them. He's done a lousy job of disguising his defensive schemes this season.

I hate being critical of him, but he deserves the blame.

Yup...I think the coaching staff has bought into the "Gold Standard" schtein too :puke :puke :puke

PoopyfaceMcGee

Anyone who's more upset with this team than they were last week is retarded.  They played a very good team on the road and played somewhat respectably.  It's a lot better than losing to a garbage team like the Skins or blowing a 13 point lead at home, right?  This loss was respectable, I say!  And no, it's not preposterous!

Hey, I enjoyed watching this game... no rapid heartbeat or anything.  Just relaxed and watched an OK game.

P.S.  McMahon got his stuff together nicely.  Reggie and Greg made some plays.  Our defense, or lack thereof at times, continues to be an absolute mystery.

GO BIRDS.

Geowhizzer

It was probably the most relaxed I've been watching an Eagles game in five years.  Heck, I barely paid attention to the fourth quarter and played with my son.

In some ways it was nice.

But mostly it was  :'(

MDS

Just got back from the game. It was a long farging day. I didn't get to sleep 'till like 4am last night thanks to USC game, and had to get up at 830 to go to game. But whatever. The game was fun to be at, well, at least parts of the second half. The end result of course sucked, but it was enjoyable to watch Michael Lewis set himself up for missing tackles and drawing pass interferences. Always a good time there.

Nothing too frisky happened in the stands. 5 sections over there was a fight that led to an Eagles Suck chant that died within seconds. Pretty funny that those hosers can't go anything going. Most of the anti-eagle stuff was about Mcnabb (which i defended) and TO (which i joined in). I attempted to start a Chuck Bednarik chant when Frank Gifford was blabbing on about whatever owner just died, but nobody picked up on it.

The traffic from the stadium is just awful, I have no idea how these people do it 8 times a season. But then again, there was a mass exodus after Plexiglass scored the TD, so it shows what real fans they have.

Akers was bootin 60 yarders in practice, then he misses a 38 yarder? That was the biggest shock to me, he had no trouble whatsoever in both pregame and halftime practices. McMahon looked okay, nothing special. Giants were very unimpressive like the Skins and Cowboys, yet Giant fans took this win as a sign of a superbowl trip.

Overall good fun, long ass ride, would've been a lot more fun if we werent so damn injured.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Action News led off with "Nor'easter", then "Season Over?".  Rain > Eagles

MDS

ed, dont tell me you were watching greys anatomy  :-D
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.