Another target for a PG attack

Started by BigEd76, November 17, 2005, 01:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

in the 5 biggest games of his career (4 nfc champ games + 1 super bowl), what are #5's td & int stats???
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

rjs246

Hunt, did you really need three question makrs there? I would submit that you did not.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

6 and 8

12 and 5 in the divisional and wild card rounds
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hunt

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 17, 2005, 12:39:00 PM
6 and 8

6 td's & 8 picks in the 5 biggest games of his life??????
that sucks.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

T_Section224

Quote from: rjs246 on November 17, 2005, 12:38:18 PM
Hunt, did you really need three question makrs there? I would submit that you did not.
i assume you meant "marks"
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

Rome

Beating each other up over grammar and spelling is the best.

SunMo

3 cheers for underachieving years done by Thanksgiving!
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

I'm totally beating everyone up. I'm just trying to add a little nonsense to this thread because it shouldn't have gotten this far. But you know, your contribution is noted.

And actually, T, I meant 'makrs' its my new favorite word. Replacing 'Comcastic.'

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

Meh.  Now I guess I'll just make fun of Skins fans for their awful sense of humor and overall unattractiveness, rather than how much better our team is.

henchmanUK

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 17, 2005, 12:35:00 PM
but ive yet to hear from anyone why it couldnt be that he just isnt good enough

OK, the bottom line is, McNabb has made mistakes before, in big games and in not-so-big games too. McNabb has had some zesty receivers. This is not an excuse, but it may be a factor as to his supposed choking. I also happen to believe he has done more good than harm to this franchise and I would like to see him continue to develop and get better with more experience. Trent Dilfer was a quarterback who was sent packing from Tampa by their fans, but then he went to a team with an awesome defense and a great running game and won a Super Bowl. John Elway is another who was accused of being a choker, but he gained experience, got a good team around him and won a couple of Super Bowls. I can easily see this happening with McNabb, but I can't see into the future unfortunately.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PhillyFan

McNabb is not the franchise.  This team has been successful primarily because of terrific defense and special teams and the winning, disciplined culture that Andy Reid brought.  The offense with solid offensive line play, efficient multi-headed running attack, and McNabb's ability to make plays with his legs was the secondary reason they've been successful. 

Last year, they became an even better team because McNabb finally stepped up and became a very good all around quarterback - that was largely due to a huge confidence boost from the sucess he and TO had early on.  Unfortunately in the Super Bowl he still suffered from some of the same old problems that have prevented him from being a great QB. 

This year, the defense and special teams just aren't what they have been, and that's magnifying the offensive problems.  The TO fiasco and regular old complacency has disrupted the winning, disciplined culture Reid brought here.  And McNabb getting beat up and dealing with all the TO stuff has eroded his confidence and deteriorated his play. 

Someone said no other quarterback could succeed here.  Well, the Eagles did go 5-1 down the stretch without McNabb in 2002.  What other teams could the combo of Koy Detmer and AJ Feeley go 5-1 with?  And I'm not trying to say those guys are as good as McNabb, or that anybody could succeed here.  But McNabb isn't this miracle worker who has carried this team on his back the past few years like some suggest he is. 

McNabb is a good, exciting football player who can do things that only a few other players in NFL history can do.  But he also has some limitations that have cost his teams when it has counted the most, including coming up small in the Fiesta Bowl and Orange Bowl in his junior and senior years at Syracuse.  Last year, up until the Super Bowl, I thought he had risen up and gotten over some of his problems.  But unfortunately that just wasn't the case.  I still think that he has it in him - he's a hard worker and when you're willing to learn from your mistakes and experiences it can only help you get better. 

For now, he just needs to get his surgery and focus on rehabbing so he can get his body back to normal.  That will be a big first step in regaining the confidence he's lost this year.  From there, we can only hope that being physically 100% and having the TO mess become a distant memory will be enough for him to get over the step he tripped over in last year's Super Bowl.

henchmanUK

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 17, 2005, 12:39:00 PM
6 and 8

Call me crazy, but usually the teams you face in championship games and Super Bowls are better than the teams you face in divisional and wild card rounds.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

phattymatty

This all comes down to Andy Reid's playcalling.  We have won because of Donovan's freakish ability to make some horrible play calls work.  Now that DMac is hobbling with bleeding groins and hernias, he can't make those stupid plays work.  Yes, Donovan has made some awful decisions in big games, but I put more of the blame on the playcalling.

Diomedes

Quote from: henchmanUK on November 17, 2005, 12:47:25 PMCall me crazy, but usually the teams you face in championship games and Super Bowls are better than the teams you face in divisional and wild card rounds.

Sure they are.  But doesn't the fact that the Eagles were there kinda negate that?  I mean, if the Eagles got there, then shouldn't they be worthy of the competition?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Quote from: phattymatty on November 17, 2005, 12:48:32 PM
This all comes down to Andy Reid's playcalling.  We have won because of Donovan's freakish ability to make some horrible play calls work.  Now that DMac is hobbling with bleeding groins and hernias, he can't make those stupid plays work.  Yes, Donovan has made some awful decisions in big games, but I oput more of the blame on the playcalling.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Let them eat bootstraps.