McNabb likely not playing on sunday..

Started by LBIggle, November 15, 2005, 04:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eaglez

I think the only reason McNabb is thinking about surgery and not going ahead with the procedure is because he doesn't want to end this season on a sour note. If he can play another few games and lead this team to victory I'm sure he wants to do that. I have no question that McNabb is a great competitor, and I'm assuming that is his reasoning for not going under the knife so soon. I truly believe he doesn't have quit in him when he's on the football field.

However, you wonder how great he can play with such an aggravation.

Remember when Fassel and the Giants ripped off all of those wins a few years back to make the playoffs? They scaled back the playbook and just simply attacked downfield. They didn't try to get fancy with a bunch of pre-snap motions or awkward formations. They just lined up in a traditional set and went right down the field. I think the Eagles need to take a similar approach. Don't get cute, line up, scale it back, and let it fly. Cut back on stupid offensive penalties and try to consistently move the ball.

Plus, McMahon probably doesn't know the whole offense by now so they are probably going to have to scale it back somewhat anyways. Just keep it basic and try to continually move the sticks.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MURP has a closet attraction to Tom Cruise.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 17, 2005, 02:07:27 PM
And this matters because

it doesnt

at least no more or less than any opinion youve ever posted on the board
True... the only difference is that my opinions tend to be based in the realm of reality.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

True... the only difference is that my opinions tend to be based in the realm of reality.

so its not possible that mcnabb has no groin injury much less one that requires surgery??
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 17, 2005, 03:13:52 PM

so its not possible that mcnabb has no groin injury much less one that requires surgery??
What's not possible is that you have ANY knowledge whatsoever about what McNabb's injuries really are, about what's new and what's not, as idiotic statements like this one would indicate.
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 17, 2005, 01:59:06 PM
i personally dont believe he has a groin injury...its pain in the groin via the hernia...as it has been since day one

now if he has an injury seperate from the hernia and he needs surgery on his groin then yes that is news...but he doesnt and isnt
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

WEST is GOD

Quote from: Eaglez on November 17, 2005, 02:30:41 PM
I think the only reason McNabb is thinking about surgery and not going ahead with the procedure is because he doesn't want to end this season on a sour note. If he can play another few games and lead this team to victory I'm sure he wants to do that. I have no question that McNabb is a great competitor, and I'm assuming that is his reasoning for not going under the knife so soon. I truly believe he doesn't have quit in him when he's on the football field.

However, you wonder how great he can play with such an aggravation.

Remember when Fassel and the Giants ripped off all of those wins a few years back to make the playoffs? They scaled back the playbook and just simply attacked downfield. They didn't try to get fancy with a bunch of pre-snap motions or awkward formations. They just lined up in a traditional set and went right down the field. I think the Eagles need to take a similar approach. Don't get cute, line up, scale it back, and let it fly. Cut back on stupid offensive penalties and try to consistently move the ball.

Plus, McMahon probably doesn't know the whole offense by now so they are probably going to have to scale it back somewhat anyways. Just keep it basic and try to continually move the sticks.

I think the only reason he'd think about not having it is because of his ego. He's going to try to show critics he can play hurt when we all know he can't right now. He has absolutely no reason to go out there and try to play. He's sorta in denial with that kinda stuff.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Tomahawk

Farg farging surgery unless the farging Eagles somehow farging lose on Sunday.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: WEST is GOD on November 17, 2005, 03:58:41 PM

I think the only reason he'd think about not having it is because of his ego. He's going to try to show critics he can play hurt when we all know he can't right now. He has absolutely no reason to go out there and try to play. He's sorta in denial with that kinda stuff.

You talking about EGO and being in DENIAL when you suck off TO like you do?

Comedy at its finest.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

WEST is GOD

I've said plenty of times TO has an ego, is insecure and is insane. McNabb has an ego too.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I share a birthday with Mike McMahon.  That means he's going to be a big-time superstar.

General_Failure

Or he'll blow all his money at the roulette table and live in a trailer.

The man. The myth. The legend.

LBIggle

i don't understand why he's even thinking about surgery.  he knows it has to get done.  unless the eagles win out and get some help from a few other teams their not winning a superbowl this year.  that was the goal... the goal is now unreachable.  the next goal is for him to get healthy.  hopefully he doesn't blow that too.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: General_Failure on November 17, 2005, 05:41:02 PM
Or he'll blow all his money at the roulette table and live in a trailer.

Hey!  I haven't done that!

(yet)