What's Wrong with the Defense?

Started by SunMo, November 14, 2005, 11:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

he really didnt...in fact he was the consumate team player and one of the best leaders they ever had...much like dqwell jackson now

merriman was labeled a malcontent after the draft when he puffed his chest out and said he wouldnt sign for number 11 money because he was better than that

the reason he dropped was because many pp people thought he might be a twenner
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MURP

whether it's is true or not we may never know, but there were definitely rumors of Merriman being a character issue player leading up to the draft.   In fact, that was the major story of why the Cowturds didnt select him.   Merriman dumped his agent right after the draft and signed with the Postons and then refused to work out with the Chargers because of the injury clause in his contract.   Those issues also were played up. 

ice grillin you

im telling you i followed him for four years in college...he was/is a god at umd...all his supposed problems were related to the draft and the agent situation you mentioned

MURP

im not disagreeing with that, but those issues happened after the draft... which doesnt explain the Cowturds staying away from him. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MURP on December 20, 2005, 11:03:18 AM
which doesnt explain the Cowturds staying away from him.

They gave him a piss test and he passed. 

MURP

ice grillin you

which doesnt explain the Cowturds staying away from him.  

especially so since they drafted an undersized player anyway...merriman showed all the flashes of becoming a superstar...the only reason not to have taken him top 5 was a huge position need or being fearful of his tweenerism

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

StevieLeftCollege

Im happy the Cowboys lied to Sheldon, hes my 2nd fav Eagle.

Die Hard makes some good points though.  Bringing in a WIL like Spoon who can run would be great.  Adding a DE/DT though the draft and FA needs to be done too. 

SAM should be upgraded but if the top 3 are done, the position would look better based on pressure.  Thornton is a good fix though.  He has good size and speed.

DH

Quote from: StevieLeftCollege on December 23, 2005, 04:03:23 PM
SAM should be upgraded but if the top 3 are done, the position would look better based on pressure.

I'm no fan of Dhani, but if we get Spoon I can live with Trot, Spoon, and Jones. Having a guy that can run side to side would make a world of difference. But the front 4 needs to be stepped up too. Darren Howard and/or Larry Triplett would do.

StevieLeftCollege

Quote from: Die-Hard on December 24, 2005, 03:47:57 PM
Quote from: StevieLeftCollege on December 23, 2005, 04:03:23 PM
SAM should be upgraded but if the top 3 are done, the position would look better based on pressure.

I'm no fan of Dhani, but if we get Spoon I can live with Trot, Spoon, and Jones. Having a guy that can run side to side would make a world of difference. But the front 4 needs to be stepped up too. Darren Howard and/or Larry Triplett would do.
Agreed.  A fast WIL would make the SAM look better. 

The DL needs alot of help in the form of FA and the draft.

ice grillin you

The BIGSTUD

I agree with that. I either want Van Den Bosch, Abraham or in the draft Williams or Kiwanuka. One of those 4 guys I will be very happy with. I'm not sure if Van Den Bosch is a one year wonder so I might stay away.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

dmek25

i think after the eagles experience with free agents(owens,kearse)you guys are pretty much done spending anymore of mr luries money.your defense sucks this year for 2 very simple reasons.first,on the field way too much,and because you are playing from behind alot,its alot tougher to blitz

Beermonkey

Quote from: dmek25 on December 28, 2005, 10:08:55 AM
i think after the eagles experience with free agents(owens,kearse)you guys are pretty much done spending anymore of mr luries money.your defense sucks this year for 2 very simple reasons.first,on the field way too much,and because you are playing from behind alot,its alot tougher to blitz

You write like a Korean teenager. What do you do for a living?