Main Menu

Bye Bye TO

Started by bowzer, November 07, 2005, 03:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTrotter Fan

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 08, 2005, 12:59:51 PM
hmmm...I wonder which route they'll go:

1) I apologize to my teammates, the organization, the fans and the city.

2) The Eagles are hypocrites, Dunvun is a hypocrite, Hugh attacked me first, I want my money that is wrongfully being held from me, I want out of my deal immediately so I can play elsewhere with a team that truly wants me.

Tough one...

LMFAO at Big Ed and the "Dunvun" thing.  That is so true.  He says it exactly like that.  For some reason, that made me laugh hard.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

JTrotter Fan

Maybe he called the presser to come out of the closet..."cuz if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat..." 
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

mikey418

But doesn Rosenpuke know what reputation the Eagles have as a FO and what reputation McNabb has.  Both are thought of as class-act guys.

TO was a bad apple in SF and this is repeat behavior.  If he goes out there and bashes the Eagles even moreso, it will just hurt him even more for any future contract.  And I think Rosenpuke knows this since he's the one that tried to get TO to apologize and wrote it for him...including the missing McNabb comments.

I think he'll be two-faced and apologize to his fans but at the same time he'll take his shots at the Eagles FO. 
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

PhillyGirl

Quote from: The Waco Kid on November 08, 2005, 01:18:35 PM
Maybe he called the presser to come out of the closet..."cuz if it looks like a rat and smells like a rat..." 

Will his soon to be wife be sitting with him as he says it? A la McGreevey?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 08, 2005, 01:46:33 PM
Quote from: The Waco Kid on November 08, 2005, 01:18:35 PM

Will his soon to be wife be sitting with him as he says it? A la McGreevey?

That would rule. She's got to be as vapid as he is to put up with his ass... oh, wait, she's just a golddigger. I forgot.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

She's nailing the gardener on the side. I guess he is too if we're going with the TO IS TEH GAY jokes.

The man. The myth. The legend.

4and26

Everyone seems to have an opinion:

From MMQ Tuesday
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/11/08/mmqbte.to/index.html

THE EAGLES GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED. From Jack Mayor of New York: "Don't you think the Eagles bear some responsibility for this. If a senior employee ever walked into the Xerox room at work and accused me of slacking off, taking too many sick days, when I was the single best attorney at my firm, I would be FURIOUS. The Eagles have taunted TO with petty stuff like Hugh Douglas and now the Brian Westbrook extension when the guy gives 110% every single down. Andy Reid and his staff are to blame for this altercation, not T.O.''

I've heard this logic from a few people in the last few days, and I can only say Steely Dan once put out an album with what I think it is: Pretzel Logic. In other words, twisted. Jack, we live in a society (now I sound like George Costanza) that says stars get treated better than the common people. But there is a limit to how well the star can get treated. In your example, if the attorney was the best in the office, wouldn't that attorney still have to live by some basic rules of the firm? That's the problem the Eagles, in the end, had with Owens. Reid allowed the guy to bend the rules further than any player he's ever coached. He didn't make him apologize for dressing down offensive coordinator Brad Childress last summer. He didn't make him attend a mandatory team event for fans just before the season. I'm sure he looked the other way 10 or 15 more times when it made him uncomfortable to do so. Is it customary at that law firm for the attorney, feeling scorned, to walk into a meeting with the partners and say, "Anyone else want a piece of me?''

Now you raise the Westbrook issue. Owens signed a seven-year contract in 2004, then demanded it be renegotiated after one year. Westbrook signed a three-year contract in 2002, played it out, then signed a one-year tender at a significantly under-market number this year, all the while trying to work out a long-term deal with the team. This is taunting T.O.? Jack, we live in different worlds.

SunMo

Eagles | When and How Owens Leaves is to be Determined
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:40:38 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports no one knows when and how the Philadelphia Eagles will part ways with WR Terrell Owens, who will not play for the team again. The Eagles brass - owner Jeff Lurie, club president Joe Banner and head coach Andy Reid - will determine the terms and timeline as to when and how they'll say so long to him, and they have spent a lot of time making sure everything they have done is in accordance with the CBA rights both parties possess. Owens will lose $191,176 per game during the four games he's suspended. After that, the team is likely to pay him just to stay away; much like how the Tampa Bay Buccaneers handled WR Keyshawn Johnson when it was clear he was no longer going to be part of their team. The Eagles are unlikely to release him this year, as that would give into what Owens wants. At the end of the year, he could be released or traded. Owens actions have diminished his financial value as well as the number of teams that would be willing to bring him on. It's unlikely he'll ever see the same type of money the Eagles had given him in a contract with another team.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

from TMQ:

QuoteIn other football news, He Who Must Not Be Named is now He Who Need Not Be Named. This gentleman continued to throw selfish temper tantrums because there was never a cost associated with such behavior. Every time he denounced teammates or demanded special treatment, he got away with it. Now there has finally been a cost. The NFL Players Association has filed a grievance, but NFL players have a stake in making sure the discipline sticks -- because they will benefit. The descent from team play to selfishness is what started the NBA's tumble from charmed sport to vanishing ratings. It is imperative the me-first virus, busily destroying the financial structure of pro basketball, not be allowed to catch on in the NFL. Eagles owner Jeff Lurie should be lauded for taking a stand for the whole league; players will benefit too, as keeping the me-first contagion out of the NFL will preserve the league's ability to provide handsome income to the majority on NFL rosters. Now, sports media -- let's see a little more attention for the majority of players who bust their busts, never complain and behave with dignity in public, a little less 24-hour coverage of a guy who deserves to be traded to a day-care center.

Diomedes

link

QuoteOwens summoned police to his house late Monday because there were some people on his property. He said he wanted to be left alone, had no comment and would contact the news media when he did want to speak, police at the scene said.

Later, two pizzas were delivered to Owens' home. Someone answered the door — not Owens — and gave deliveryman James McDevitt a $5 tip. McDevitt said he left the tip on the door step.

:-D
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

Quote from: Diomedes on November 08, 2005, 02:43:22 PM
link

QuoteOwens summoned police to his house late Monday because there were some people on his property. He said he wanted to be left alone, had no comment and would contact the news media when he did want to speak, police at the scene said.

Later, two pizzas were delivered to Owens' home. Someone answered the door — not Owens — and gave deliveryman James McDevitt a $5 tip. McDevitt said he left the tip on the door step.

That's what I'm talkin' about.  :yay
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

stillupfront

Quote from: Diomedes on November 08, 2005, 02:43:22 PM
link

QuoteMcDevitt said he left the tip on the door step.[/b]

This guy McDevitt is my king!!!

1/9/06

Very proud sponsor of DarWIN Walker BSSE

Proud to be sponsored by HBionic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sam McNabb (Donnie's father):

QuoteAs for Owens, McNabb said the wide receiver's criticisms of his son stung him not as a father, but as a black man.

"Within the last month, we've seen a man (Donovan McNabb) who is trying to accomplish something very difficult, to be an African-American quarterback at the top of his game, attacked by someone of his own race," McNabb said. "That's what really amazes me. It's like another black-on-black crime. Those are hurts that create scars that take a long time to heal."

Gotta love unnecessary plays of the race card.

PhillyPhreak54

Donovan should ball gag his Pops and TO. Or start hiring a hitman

Diomedes

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 08, 2005, 04:49:50 PM
Gotta love unnecessary plays of the race card.

According to most folks, that card is always played unnecessarily.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger