Main Menu

Bye Bye TO

Started by bowzer, November 07, 2005, 03:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Did anyone happen to see that hag Rhea Hughes on ESPNews with Freddie Mitchell?

Why have I had to see her busted ass face on ESPN twice in the last week?

She was on there, likely reading cue cards given to her by Cataldi, saying how the Eagles problems are all McNabb.

And that Eagles management hates players who speak out. Then she says "you know all about that Freddie!" And he's just laughing. Then she says how when Welbourn ripped them they shipped him out too.

She's disgusting and pisses me off.

General_Failure

Serves you right for watching.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Not for long...I click to ESPNews for a scores update on the NBA...saw her and it was off within 2 minutes.

bobbyinlondon

I guess Denver WOULD be a possibility--after they get eaten alive again in the playoffs, Shanahan will be desperate. I can't see him coexisting in New Orleans with Jim Haslett though--if Haslett is still coaching the Saints. After all, he DID ship out Rickey Williams.

Don Ho

June Jones needs a WR.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Cerevant

Joe Banner is a calculating, cold-hearted bastich.  He's my hero  ;D

I can't believe I didn't see it before, but the "conduct detremental" clause in TO's contract wasn't some sort of hedge against TO being TO...it is the anti-Mitchell/Welborn clause.

They can't stop a player from whining his way out of town under the current rules.  If they cut him, he's a free agent.  But what they can do is take back the money he did get.  The value of this is two-fold:

1) The player loses some (or even most) of the SB money that is "gauranteed" and that they value so much
2) The team takes little or no cap hit for cutting the player

This is why the team has been so tolerant of TO, and given him so many second chances.  They aren't trying to rehabilitate TO - they are trying to set precedent in the league for the "legality" of this contract clause.  If this holds up, I will gaurantee that every new contract the Eagles write will contain this clause.  This might have even been a sticking point in the Westbrook negotiations...

Joe Banner is the best thing that has happened to the Eagles since they fired Rich Kotite.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Wingspan

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 07, 2005, 09:33:17 PM
It's been a crazy ride, from the excitement and optimism of landing TO to the Super Bowl to this.

Well, not much I can add to this discussion. See you in hell, TO!

dont be so sure. after 6 months in hell TO is going to ask for a new contract and satan will probably look to trade him.

See you on Europa, terrell!
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Announcement:  Rosenhaus/T.O. press conference to be held at 3 PM

Mad-Lad

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 08, 2005, 12:53:41 PM
Announcement:  Rosenhaus/T.O. press conference to be held at 3 PM

sweet.  can't wait to hear Rosenhaus' irritating voice while he spazzes.

BigEd76

hmmm...I wonder which route they'll go:

1) I apologize to my teammates, the organization, the fans and the city.

2) The Eagles are hypocrites, Dunvun is a hypocrite, Hugh attacked me first, I want my money that is wrongfully being held from me, I want out of my deal immediately so I can play elsewhere with a team that truly wants me.

Tough one...

SunMo

maybe he'll throw a curve ball at us and he'll beg for forgiveness and plead to come back to the team.

maybe.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sun_Mo on November 08, 2005, 01:05:29 PM
maybe he'll throw a curve ball at us and he'll beg for forgiveness and plead to come back to the team.

maybe.

I'd barf up my lunch.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

maybe drew will come out and shoot TO in the forehead before putting the barrell in his own mouth.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 08, 2005, 01:06:32 PM

maybe.

I'd barf up my lunch.

that's hot.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Cerevant

maybe.
If it was just TO, there would be a question.  But Rosenthief knows the only way he'll get any money is if TO is released (and subsequently re-signed).  This is going to be all about how TO has been unfairly vilified and victmized.

Andy is done with TO.  Now Joey B is going to eat him for lunch.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.