Main Menu

Bye Bye TO

Started by bowzer, November 07, 2005, 03:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Demon

I forget which hotairbag was saying it yesterday, but they mentioned Green Bay and Denver as two that may take a chance on him.  They also said that Dallas, Washington, and Jacksonville would most certainly not.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 07, 2005, 05:48:43 PM
Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on November 07, 2005, 05:45:40 PM
Jaws is saying that he has the inside scoop on "several" teams that are very interested in 81.  he also says that teams will line up to get him because of his talent. 

He will say next week who the top runners are inthe upcoming 81 sweepstakes.

I'm a little surprised there are 'several' teams willing to take him. Hell, at this point if we can get anything at all for him I'd consider it a steal.  :yay

Dude, lol...there cannot be a trade for him. Welcome to last week.  ;)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

FreakisaKearseWord

I don't care what anybody says, we will not do better without TO. Sure, I hate him as a person because he is a steaming pile of bull. But no matter how you put it, if you just suspend TO and not bring in a new receiver who has half the talent he has, then we can kiss our playoff chances goodbye. As horrible a person he is off the field, noone can deny his ability to constantly make plays on the field. Back in training camp when Westbrook and TO pulled their crap, I said we needed TO more because we could have let Westbrook go and Moats would accomplish just as much, but you can't tell me that you can replace TO with Reggie Brown, no matter how talented he is.
OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF #90 DARREN HOWARD

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 07, 2005, 05:53:54 PM
Jaws is saying that he has the inside scoop on "several" teams that are very interested in 81.  he also says that teams will line up to get him because of his talent. 

I'm a little surprised there are 'several' teams willing to take him. Hell, at this point if we can get anything at all for him I'd consider it a steal.  :yay

Oops, brainfart. Been happening a little too much lately.  :P

Father Demon

You know who wins here?  Rosensnake.  81 gets a new contract next year, and Rosensnake gets paid.  Had 81 stayed with Philly, Rosen gets nothing.

I think this was a brianchild of Satan himself to force the Eagles hand.

Just a thought.....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Tomahawk

Quote from: FreakisaKearseWord on November 07, 2005, 05:53:54 PM
I don't care what anybody says, we will not do better without TO. Sure, I hate him as a person because he is a steaming pile of bull. But no matter how you put it, if you just suspend TO and not bring in a new receiver who has half the talent he has, then we can kiss our playoff chances goodbye. As horrible a person he is off the field, noone can deny his ability to constantly make plays on the field. Back in training camp when Westbrook and TO pulled their crap, I said we needed TO more because we could have let Westbrook go and Moats would accomplish just as much, but you can't tell me that you can replace TO with Reggie Brown, no matter how talented he is.

The team did just as good last year with TO as it did the previous three. It's not like TO helped them win any playoff games.

Larry

It'll be the Cardinals.

Green can handle "problem" WRs, and like the Emmitt Smith signing a few seasons back, procuring Owens would boost the Cardinals' attendance and ticket sales dramatically, which is rather important for an owner whose team struggles to draw 30,000 a game.
More Mahe please.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Larry on November 07, 2005, 06:27:41 PM

It'll be the Cardinals.

Green can handle "problem" WRs, and like the Emmitt Smith signing a few seasons back, procuring Owens would boost the Cardinals' attendance and ticket sales dramatically, which is rather important for an owner whose team struggles to draw 30,000 a game.

GET BOLDIN!!!!!

FreakisaKearseWord

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 07, 2005, 06:06:37 PM
Quote from: FreakisaKearseWord on November 07, 2005, 05:53:54 PM

The team did just as good last year with TO as it did the previous three. It's not like TO helped them win any playoff games.
...they had Pinkston and Mitchell, right now we have last year's 4th string and a rookie.
OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF #90 DARREN HOWARD

WEST is GOD

If the Eagles make it to the Superbowl, do you think the Eagles will cut TO before the game so he can't get a ring?
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Father Demon

If.

Yes.

And it would be sweet.

Cerevant

Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 07, 2005, 05:53:54 PM

::)  There is a difference between "can't" and "won't"

Sorry, but there absolutely can be a trade - it would just be very difficult to get sufficient value.  If the Eagles pay his roster bonus on March 1, they can then trade him.  For that to be of any value, they would have to get some very high picks - first round? - to justify spending the money and taking the cap hit.

An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 07, 2005, 05:21:09 PM
And lets also say that MIchael Barkann is a moron...he's saying that Ike Reese by himself would have handled TO. The Eagles ruined the whole TO situation by getting rid of Ike?

wtf is wrong with these people?

you turn on that station, you're ears deserve the punishment.

especially from mr dog show ::)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Cerevant

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on November 07, 2005, 06:03:02 PM
You know who wins here?  Rosensnake.  81 gets a new contract next year, and Rosensnake gets paid.  Had 81 stayed with Philly, Rosen gets nothing.

I think this was a brianchild of Satan himself to force the Eagles hand.

Just a thought.....

This is what pisses me off at this point...TO trashes this team, and gets exactly what he wants.  I wish there was a way we could farg him over without hurting the team further - just keep paying him, but suspending and fining him or something.  I know it can't happen, but this shtein has to stop.  You know there is going to be a change in the CBA regarding "conduct detrimental" because this bullshtein is a free pass to free agency.  Contracts mean absolute shtein in the NFL right now.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

General_Failure

Quote from: WEST is GOD on November 07, 2005, 06:34:51 PM
If the Eagles make it to the Superbowl, do you think the Eagles will cut TO before the game so he can't get a ring?

Not that the SB is a real possibility at the moment, but you don't have to be on the roster for the SB to get a ring. Chad Lewis has a SB ring from the Rams.

The man. The myth. The legend.