Around the NFL -- Week 7

Started by Diomedes, October 21, 2005, 08:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 23, 2005, 08:48:33 PM
Just saw the highlights from the pukes game today and Parcells was arguing with the refs over a non call and when the wr coach tried to get involved Parcells shoved him back out of the way.

He swatted at the guy with both fists, like a girl pushing her little brother away when he's trying to interrupt her as she's talking to Mommy.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: TO is GOD on October 23, 2005, 07:30:07 PM
The Giants winning was bad for us, but they won't be there in the end anyway.

They haven't shown me any reason to think they won't.  They are a little weak in the secondary, but their line is getting pressure.  On offense, Eli is playing very well for a 2nd year QB and should only get better.  If Plaxico, Shockey, and Barber can stay healthy, that team gets to 10 wins easily.

WEST is GOD

Easily? I doubt that. I think they'll finish 9-7 at best. Their defense is awful, and by "be there in the end" I mean for the division. This division is still a lock despite what all the experts say. It will not come down to a final game or anything like that. The taterskins, Giants, and Cowboys will all start to lose as the year goes on. Eagles are a 12-4 team and the Giants/Skins/Cowboys will finish 9-7, 8-8, 8-8 respectively. I don't see it going down to the wire at all.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

MDS

Holy crap. Someone from the NFC North has to be over .500 next week. The 3-3 Lions and 3-3 Bears will matchup in a massive mediocre snoozefest next week in Americas most crime-ridden city.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Thanks to the huge blowout of the Saints in their lone win, the Packers have outscored their opponents 144-118 while boasting a 1-5 record.  That's gotta be a first. 

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 24, 2005, 12:21:21 AM
Thanks to the huge blowout of the Saints in their lone win, the Packers have outscored their opponents 144-118 while boasting a 1-5 record.  That's gotta be a first. 

The Pack are the best 1-5 team in the league.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Bigskinbauer

mark brunell just got himself the highest QB rating in the NFC.  Also the skins offense is ranked number 1 in the league, defense number 4
GO TERPS

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Bigskinbauer on October 24, 2005, 12:43:14 AM
mark brunell just got himself the highest QB rating in the NFC.  Also the skins offense is ranked number 1 in the league, defense number 4

Settle down there big guy. The Niners ain't something to be real proud of. We laughed off the game. You act like its the SB. Any Gatorade dumping this week?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

QuoteHmmm. Ricky Williams has rushed 11 times for seven yards in his first two games back in the NFL. He might be more at peace with himself these days, but he's certainly not more productive. So what exactly was all the fuss about?

Yeah, he'd be a great fit here instead of TO.  ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hunt

everybody's good guy & mister team player hines ward is a cocky douchebag...just thought i'd point that out.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mhunt on October 24, 2005, 09:21:13 AM
everybody's good guy & mister team player hines ward is a cocky douchebag...just thought i'd point that out.

LOL

Rome

Wow, I thought I was the only one who thought that way.

I can't stand that dickhead.

hunt

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 24, 2005, 09:32:49 AM

Wow, I thought I was the only one who thought that way.

I can't stand that meatciclehead.

nope...you're not alone.

i hope ward copies gus frerotte's old skool "slam head into wall" celebration next week.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is