Around the NFL -- Week 7

Started by Diomedes, October 21, 2005, 08:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Demon

Thinking of thiese bets for this week.  Ihaven't committed yet, since you get better odds between midnight and 7:00 AM Sunday on BetOnSports.com.

Thoughts?

Detroit +3 1/2
StL -2 1/2
Oakland -2 1/2
Dallas +4 1/2
Indy -16 1/2
NY Jets +7 1/2

I'm mostly concerned with the Oakland game (no Moss) and the Indy game (undefeated against winless scares me -- both are due to jump the trend).
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on October 22, 2005, 11:26:47 AM
Thinking of thiese bets for this week.  Ihaven't committed yet, since you get better odds between midnight and 7:00 AM Sunday on BetOnSports.com.

Thoughts?

Detroit +3 1/2
StL -2 1/2
Oakland -2 1/2
Dallas +4 1/2
Indy -16 1/2
NY Jets +7 1/2

I'm mostly concerned with the Oakland game (no Moss) and the Indy game (undefeated against winless scares me -- both are due to jump the trend).

I don't think you have to worry. The Colts' D has looked good all year (not great), and did you even watch the Texans/Seahawks game last weekend? Pathetic to say the least. No way the Texans come close.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Feva

Yeah, that Indy/Houston is a lock if there ever was one.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on October 22, 2005, 11:26:47 AM

Thoughts?

Detroit +3 1/2
StL -2 1/2
Oakland -2 1/2
Dallas +4 1/2
Indy -16 1/2
NY Jets +7 1/2

Yeah, I always wait to place my NFL bets until after midnight unless I see a really great early line.

These lines have changed:

STL -3
DET +3
OAK +3

I'm not sure on who I'm going with yet. But I am leaning towards taking the Saints because Bulger is out.

I do like that DET line, especially if Garthia starts.

I'm not touching Indy no matter how zesty Houston is. I hate double-digit lines. Especially ones that are over 15.

I am leaning towards the Jets too.

I also like the Packers (-2) and the Bengals (-1).

Father Demon

These lines have changed:

STL -3
DET +3
OAK +3

I should have mentioned -- I'm buying a half point on each of those.  I've been burned on 4 ties in the last two weeks, and I'm tired of it!
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

WEST is GOD

QuoteDetroit +3 1/2
StL -2 1/2
Oakland -2 1/2
Dallas +4 1/2
Indy -16 1/2
NY Jets +7 1/2

I don't like any of those bets you made. I think they are all very risky although this is a very tough week for bets.

I think the Seahawks -4, Steelers +1, and Giants -2.5 are the best bets this week. Though I don't love either of those either. I don't feel great about any games this week, but those are the games I got for this week.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

QB Eagles

Skins have 35 points and the first half isn't even over yet. I think some college teams could beat the 49ers.

MDS

in the battle of the used to be okay but are now really bad but somehow can contend of the division title cause their division is awful teams, the favres are beating the sex cruises 17-3
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

JTrotter Fan

Damn....52-17 Skins...get out the ugly stick.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Sgt PSN

Giant and Broncs are having their own little flag orgy.  Stupid Giants, trying to be like the Eagles so bad it's pathetic. 

shorebird

The Broncos and Giants should be a good game to watch, as long as the Giants lose. >:D

JTrotter Fan

Stupid Seahawks making the damg Crygirls look like an actual contender...and screwing my fantasy team while they're at it!   :boom
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: The Waco Kid on October 23, 2005, 05:27:47 PM
Stupid Seahawks making the damg Crygirls look like an actual contender...and screwing my fantasy team while they're at it!   :boom

Its 7-3, what are you talking about?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

David Carr:  6-9, 49 yards, 1 TD, 1 int,  3 fumbles   :=)

PhillyGirl

HORRIBLE call on the Broncos right there. Champ Bailey got hosed.  :boo
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen