MLB Playoff Talk

Started by Geowhizzer, October 04, 2005, 02:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i thought it was a catch as well...i dont see how one could say its conclusive either way

again tho thats irrelevant...the rule itself shouldnt exist and if it didnt we wouldn be having this stupid discussion
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

henchmanUK

Bottom line is, whether he caught it or not, he should have tagged the runner or thrown it to first. Also, Scoscia (who I think is an excellent, classy manager) has to be questioned for putting his third string catcher in in the bottom of the ninth in the ALCS.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

henchmanUK

"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

henchmanUK

Quote from: MDS on October 14, 2005, 01:30:31 PM
Quote from: henchmanUK on October 14, 2005, 10:36:22 AM
linky

wah wah wah wah

Just putting it out there, dude. Notice there's no controversy about last night's game. Still, according to everyone, we suck. Oh well.

MDS

for the first time in recorded history, someone doesnt bring up philly when talking about poor fan behavior

QuoteThe guy made a bad call, what are you going to do?" said Ron Reilly, 58, of Los Angeles, attending the game with longtime friend Wayne Gensler. "The bottom line is we're better behaved than fans in Chicago or New York."

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: MDS on October 15, 2005, 12:13:51 PM
for the first time in recorded history, someone doesnt bring up philly when talking about poor fan behavior

QuoteThe guy made a bad call, what are you going to do?" said Ron Reilly, 58, of Los Angeles, attending the game with longtime friend Wayne Gensler. "The bottom line is we're better behaved than fans in Chicago or New York."

GO ASTROS!

hbionic

Go white sox....I hate the O.C.

Go Suck ass, joke of a franchise Dodgers! :yay
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Stros are only 1 win away from their first WS appearance.  What the hell happened to the Cardinals?  Their offense has gone to sleep in the NLCS. 

WEST is GOD

Great pitching beats great offense. The Astros have great pitching.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 16, 2005, 09:38:31 PM
Stros are only 1 win away from their first WS appearance.  What the hell happened to the Cardinals?  Their offense has gone to sleep in the NLCS. 

Both LaRussa and Edmonds were ejected for arguing balls and strikes in separate incidents.

MDS

Stupid Rolen will never get his ring. Even when he doesn't contribute. Good.

Sgt PSN

Is it just me or do Tony Larussa and Brian Billick look like they were seperated at birth?  Lord knows their both arrogant enough to be from the same gene pool.

PhillyPhreak54

Tony is a better NFL head coach than The Brain.

Yay White Sox. :yay

Sgt PSN

ChiSox are in and Houston is only 1 game away.  I was kind of hoping that St Louis would get there simply because Clemens is the only guy on the Stros that I really give a crap about and he's already got some rings.  But I really like Poohols and Edmonds.  And since Rolen is hurt and not playing, it makes it a little easier to root for them. 

Either way, Phils in 06 bitch!