MLB Playoff Talk

Started by Geowhizzer, October 04, 2005, 02:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I hate the Cardinals. I want them to suffer for having Scotty The Whiner on their roster. And I hate Edmonds too. I'm convinced that he purposely slows up on balls in the gap or deep so he has to dive for them and make the tough catch. Drama queen Jimmy.

But I also dislike the Astros too.

Go White Sox!

henchmanUK

GO GO SOX

Unbelieveable 2005. Eagles make the Super Bowl, White Sox make the World Series!
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Fan_Since_64

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 16, 2005, 09:38:31 PM
Stros are only 1 win away from their first WS appearance.  What the hell happened to the Cardinals?  Their offense has gone to sleep in the NLCS. 

This lifelong fan of the Redbirds is mighty disgusted right now. This team has roared through the regular season two years in a row, but hasn't been able to get the job done, and I have to join the chorus that is critical of Tony LaRussa. The front office has certainly done its part to put together a solid team, but I've been reading consistently that LaRussa failed to rest key players down the stretch and now they are going all too quietly in the post-season. For this team to not make the World Series is an absolute disgrace. No disrespect to the Astros, but player for player, they are not as good as the Cardinals. And pitching? For crying out loud, this was the one area that was supposedly improved since last season. And look at the scores - the pitching has been there. The Cards have hurt themselves both at bat and in the field, and that is inexcusable, because those were the strengths all season long - yes, even without Scott Rolen at third base.

I really should wait until the NLCS is over, because hey, the Cards could yet pull it out, but right now I'm ready to see an end to the Tony LaRussa era in St. Louis.

SunMo

get ready for a World Series with all 1-0 games
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

I just want another Wild Card team to win the Series.

Any chance to stick it to so-called "purists" is a pure delight to me.

henchmanUK

Quote from: Fan_Since_64 on October 17, 2005, 08:02:58 AM
right now I'm ready to see an end to the Tony LaRussa era in St. Louis.

Just don't take Guillen from us, the American League champions!
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

BigEd76

If Guillen left, he'd probably head back to Florida...

Meanwhile, the thought of the Astros in the World Series bugs me.  Stupid Phillies...  :boom

BigEd76

Holy S....are you guys watching this game?

Astros up 4-2, 2 outs, 2 strikes on Eckstein

Eckstein single
Edmonds walk

Pujols.................CRUSHED

5-4 Cards  :o

Rome

Brad Lidge = Donnie Moore.

:-D

BTW: Pujols hit that baseball like it owed him rent money.   :o

BigEd76

As soon as he hit that, it felt like Biggio vs Wagner...  :'(

BigEd76

uh oh

Mad-Lad?  Dillen?  :paranoid

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 17, 2005, 11:41:27 PM
Holy S....are you guys watching this game?

Astros up 4-2, 2 outs, 2 strikes on Eckstein

Eckstein single
Edmonds walk

Pujols.................CRUSHED

5-4 Cards  :o

Goddamn Lidge, Eckstein & Pujols. I had the Astros at +130 and parlayed it with the under 7.5.

Great game though.

Oswalt vs. Mulder on Wednesday

BigEd76

Mad-Lad

:boom

god i hate baseball.

well, at least the Astros have rested pitching lined up this year heading back to St. Louis.

In Oswalt We Trust.

WEST is GOD

Those types of hits will turn a series around. Cardinals are far from being out of it.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.