Some Post Game Thoughts

Started by SD_Eagle5, October 02, 2005, 10:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

On D:
- Dawk is the Defensive MVP in the NFC. I'd say defensive league MVP if anyone could block Freeney
- Patterson is a stud.
- Where have you gone, Michael Lewis? Very disappointing year so far IMO.
- Kearse finally stepped up and had a big day. Not just saying that because of his sack or deflected pass. He was all over the field.
- Trotter is the farging man
- If Brown doesn't make the PB its a farce
- I've been noticing less Adams and more of Simoneau lately

On O:
- I think its time to start mentioning LJ as a top TE in this league
- Despite what I hear from the media, McNabb cannot get enough credit in my eyes
- Greg Lewis is starting to find his niche
- Reggie Brown has been MIA
- Parry had a decent day, his first of the season
- Hicks needs to be benched. I thought Clarke looked decent when he had a chance to play. Also noticed Fraley giving him a hand, though.
- Rest of the O-line is looking good. Great job of picking up the blitz today. I was surprised KC's D wasn't more aggressive.
- Love that no D can focus on shutting one man down. You either have to cheat to cover Westy or worry about TO beating you deep.
-  Lamar Gordon looks great so far. He runs hard and has good vision. I'd like to see him more involved with the O.

Pretty obvious stuff but feel free to criticize or add your own thoughts.

MDS

This Terrell Owens guy is pretty okay.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Cerevant

Anyone else get a sense of run & shoot deja-vu watching this team?
QuoteQuarterbacks in the Run & Shoot usually have gawdy stat-lines and around 50 pass attempts per game.
QuoteThe Run & Shoot fell out of favor in the NFL, and to a lesser extent in the NCAA, because despite regular-season success, the absence of a running game seemed to lead the teams to early playoff exits.
*shudder*

C
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

pinoyboy2pt0

I'm just thinking...

Gras tore his achillies tendon (right?) so he's probably out for the year.  Who replaces him...Marshall?

edit: duh, or DW just comes back.
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

WEST is GOD

My post game thoughts are

oh and LJ Smith has the most farged up end zone celebrations ever.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

pinoyboy2pt0

I think he was shooting an arrow.
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

PhillyPhreak54

He was.

shooting arrow @ Arrowhead.

Susquehanna Birder

Yeah, that was pretty lame. Friggin' scarlet knight.

Dhani Jones has been pretty bipolar. He's whiffed on some necessary tackles, and he's made some good ones. This game was a good example. He blew in the first half, and he did well in the second.

Rome

My postgame thought is this:  If Sheldon Brown doesn't make the Pro Bowl this year, it's a farging disgrace.

PS: Kansas City fans leaving their stadium when they're only down 13 is a bigger disgrace.  I lost whatever respect I had for those punks when I saw that.  Just ridiculous.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: pinoyboy2pt0 on October 03, 2005, 03:28:54 AM
I'm just thinking...

Gras tore his achillies tendon (right?) so he's probably out for the year.  Who replaces him...Marshall?

edit: duh, or DW just comes back.

Gras can still be replaced on the 53-man roster also, so either Marshall will get promoted, or they'll bring in McCants or another WR back and then promote Marshall when Akers comes back or gets moved to IR.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on October 03, 2005, 07:35:00 AM
My postgame thought is this:  If Sheldon Brown doesn't make the Pro Bowl this year, it's a farging disgrace.

He should have made it last year as well.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

id like to give propers to jj for adjusting the defense...chiefs intention at the start was to run to the outside with toss sweeps so to stay away from trotter and abuse the eagles olb's (who by the way suck)...jj made a change and widened out the ends...he also would bring an olb to the line of scrimmage...sometimes only playing two backers and 5-6 'lineman'...great maneuver

LT in three weeks scares the ish outta me...that sd offense in general is gonna put up some big points on this d...gonna have to win that one in a shootout

i see nothing wrong with michael lewis...the guy is a tackling machine...he struggles in deep coverage but thats to be expected as he is a little slow...but when he comes up to bang someone he never misses

agree on the offensive line...they were awesome yesterday

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

My postgame thoughts are:
- if AR doesn't start calling some goddamned running plays I'm going to pull my hair out.
- is it just me or is McNabb starting to form some TO tunnel-vision.
- could TO drop some more passes? I know that's part of what he does, but seriously, some of those drops were a farging joke.
- our special teams could not suck any more than they do right now. top to bottom. awful.
- did I mention that if AR doens't call some running plays I'm going to murder my dog?
- our secondary is sick.
- our d-line CAN BE sick from time to time.
- McNabb is rather awesome in spite of his occasional TO tunnel-vision. If my groin was leaking intestines I probably wouldn't be throwing for 300+ every week. Probably.
- Frenchy obviously looked like bung early, but pulled it together and had a nice game overall. Having said that, our STs still eat ass and he is going to make me nervous every time he's in the game.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

One thing I was thinking from the middle of the 2nd quarter on was...

How stupid were the Chiefs' coaches to get away from giving the ball to Priest?  He was shredding the Eagles, and they put Larry in the game and tried to pass the ball more... basically everything BUT what was really working.

ice grillin you

ill say it again...12 mil under the cap and no return guys to speak of...no special teams in general
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous