Some Post Game Thoughts

Started by SD_Eagle5, October 02, 2005, 10:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 03, 2005, 10:41:29 AM

Nice job, RJS. But can you enlighten me how "running dirt on it" will help?

Iam vuhery godo at typign.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

mussa

ST:
-Get Mahe back to fielding punts.  Wynn has shown no productivity.
-Mahe can return kicks too.  Hood needs to concentrate on defense, since he sucks.  Oh JR Reed I miss you.
ST meeds to be looked into.  We were a good ST unit for past couple years, this year we seem alittle shaky.

OF:
-McNabb again had a slow start but warmed up in second half and had another great game. Still slow on his toes, but looked   alot more comfortable throwing and moving.
-TO had another great game.  He looked absolutley beat torwards the end of the game.  He was all over the place.  Yes he did drop two passes, but hes not perfect.  If anyone complains as to why we throw the ball so much to TO, then u should be dragged outside and shtein on for being so stupid.  Regardless of the stats, hes a playmaker, he makes the tough catches, he gets the extra yard.  He was open on so many plays yesterday and McNabb missed or overlooked. 
-Little John Smith-keeps stepping up ever week.  He's really becoming a great option in the offense finally.  He seemed to be protecting the ball alittle better also. He going to be something else this year it looks it.  Possibily a pro-bowl year?
-O-LINE- should of gotten the game ball, minue Hicks.  Just set up a wall for McNabb yesterday and gave him all the time in the world.  Great job!
-Where was Westy??? Parry caught a ball, but noticed nothing else good about him.
-G. Lewis had a few good catches, and a drop.  The one play Reggie Brown was waaaay open for a TD, but not spotted by McStabb. I'd like to see more Reggie action. Also I havn't noticed them airing the ball out to Glewis too much.  Isn't he supposed to be the fastes receiver?
-O-Line gets offensive players of the game.

DEF:
First half none existent, second good. 

-Sheldon Brown was solid today and had two picks.  Maybe this year he will get credit deserved.  Was that his first TD yesterday?  Great job Brown!
-Trotter seemed alittle slow and off his game early, but seemed to be making the plays later.
-Patterson-is a pleasant surprise.  when is the last time we had a rookie whos make an impact like him on D? Simon maybe? this kid is good, i am really happy with his performance so far.  hell hes been our only playmaking DT.
-Dline over was decent, Kearse had a few good plays finally.
-Nothing great from Dawk or Lewis that I can recall.
-Laziness on Sheppard for letting an old man fly by him for that long of a play.  Ive noticed a tendancy for him to get lazy sometimes in coverage.  U never see that from Brown. 
-Brown gets my Def. player of the game.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Larry

Quote from: mussa on October 03, 2005, 11:26:59 AM
ST:
-Get Mahe back to fielding punts.  Wynn has shown no productivity.

I've figured out Mahe's role here: Mr. Hands.

He'll be the guy catching onside kicks and fielding punts when the other team is kicking from midfield.
More Mahe please.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Apparently, the reason Green was so pissed at the coaches yesterday was that he's NOT ALLOWED TO AUDIBLE.

You have a veteran QB like that and don't let him check off?  Huh?

rjs246

Quote from: FFatPatt on October 03, 2005, 01:12:23 PM
Apparently, the reason Green was so pissed at the coaches yesterday was that he's NOT ALLOWED TO AUDIBLE.

You have a veteran QB like that and don't let him check off?  Huh?

I'm not signing up for that ish, but if they really aren't letting him audible then that is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

Shows a lot of trust in your QB when you won't let him audible at home.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Larry

I remember Sean Payton/Jim Fassel were the same way with Collins.
More Mahe please.

MURP

Quote"'Dawk' was very inspirational at halftime. He came in and said congratulations to the Chiefs, they won the first half. Now, let's go out there in the second half. It's a 60-minute ball game."
-- DE Jevon Kearse

:evil :evil :evil :evil

phillywin2k5

-Little John Smith-keeps stepping up ever week.  He's really becoming a great option in the offense finally.  He seemed to be protecting the ball alittle better also. He going to be something else this year it looks it.  Possibily a pro-bowl year?

that was scary to see LJ fighting for yards again at the 2 yard line. Seems like whenever hes there the ball pops loose
if you take advice from people in the 700 level, you'll find yourself sitting next to them -- Buddy Ryan

Don Ho

Quote from: phillywin2k5 on October 03, 2005, 01:58:44 PM

that was scary to see LJ fighting for yards again at the 2 yard line. Seems like whenever hes there the ball pops loose

Always scares me when I see LJ getting all wiggly and jiggly trying to fight for more yards and than I cringe waiting for the big hit to jar the ball loose.  Other than that he is improving every week.  He really is stepping up.

However he will never, ever perfect the stop, drop and roll.  Love ya Chad!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Dillen

Quote from: Sun_Mo on October 03, 2005, 09:10:38 AM
Greg Lewis had a big drop yesterday, but otherwise he's been ok.  He's not the deep threat that Pinkston was so far, but with TO you don't necessarily need one.
That was his first drop i believe..he catches EVERYTHING.

ice grillin you

Donovan moved aroung great considering his condition, you really couldn't tell anything was wrong with him, during the plays.  He did his typical bust out of a sack routine a couple times yesterday.

he did indeed move much better yesterday...but he is incapable of running...something that will hurt them when they go against good defenses that wont allow them to just throw the ball at will...like atlanta...in those situations it was always nice to have donovan be able to take off and run for a first down to move the chains...that isnt an option anymore
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 03, 2005, 03:45:18 PM
Donovan moved aroung great considering his condition, you really couldn't tell anything was wrong with him, during the plays.  He did his typical bust out of a sack routine a couple times yesterday.

he did indeed move much better yesterday...but he is incapable of running...something that will hurt them when they go against good defenses that wont allow them to just throw the ball at will...like atlanta...in those situations it was always nice to have donovan be able to take off and run for a first down to move the chains...that isnt an option anymore

yep. and they lost yesterday.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

General_Failure

He's 270 pounds and closing in on 30. You can't expect him to run forever, injury or no.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

I loved the way the D shut KC down in the second half. I heard today that Darth was screaming at halftime, saying, "they will not score on us again." Anyone else here this?

Yes, Trotter is the fargin' man, ain't he?

I hope McNabb keeps riding the TO wagon, he was so open yesterday, sometimes it looked like KC's defense forgot about him.

McNabb looked good, but not as good as he is when healthy, he was missing guys that were wide open, but I guess I shouldn't complain, he's still passing at over 60% isn't he?