Main Menu

McCants Cut

Started by Don Ho, September 30, 2005, 02:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

From Spads:

QuoteMy opinion: Don't take this as a permanent move. I don't see the Eagles going with 4 WRs the rest of the year .. stay tuned, in other words. Considine is healthy. I think he's got a shot to play on Sunday on special teams...We'll see how the active roster shakes out.

Interesting on Considine, I thought he was still a few weeks away.

twatson

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 30, 2005, 03:03:01 PM
It could just be that McCants sucks and will never fit in on this team.

I wonder what happened to his package of plays.

Haha, if he was cut by the taterskins he must suck!  Wait a minute, didn't we cut Trotter and Steven Davis?

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Eagles cut Jimmy Smith.  That was a long time ago, though.

Regarding Spadaro saying it's not permanent, I think they must plan on bringing in a different 5th WR.  My best guesses would be Andre Davis, or Gasperson or Redd.

Larry

I believe Thornburg wasn't released because of Rodney Harrison's injury.  The Pats need a backup safety who can tackle and play special teams.
More Mahe please.

Larry

Quote from: FFatPatt on October 01, 2005, 06:52:46 AM

Regarding Spadaro saying it's not permanent, I think they must plan on bringing in a different 5th WR.  My best guesses would be Andre Davis, or Gasperson or Redd.

Or they may just bring back McCants.
More Mahe please.

PhillyPhreak54

I think it is going to be McCants again.

Think about it...Reid was just praising the guy last week saying how he wants to get him some more snaps and more involved.

Remember them cutting AJ Feeley in 2002 when they had a similar injury situation? They let him go and brought him right back.

Plus McCants is a vested veteran so his 2005 salary is guaranteed even though he was cut. They're on the hook for his salary because he was on the opening day roster.

Rome

Yet amazingly Reno Mahe still has a job.

:-D

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 30, 2005, 11:56:52 PM
From Spads:

QuoteMy opinion: Don't take this as a permanent move. I don't see the Eagles going with 4 WRs the rest of the year .. stay tuned, in other words. Considine is healthy. I think he's got a shot to play on Sunday on special teams...We'll see how the active roster shakes out.

Interesting on Considine, I thought he was still a few weeks away.

IGY can get ready to eat crow then  :yay
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on October 01, 2005, 06:52:46 AM

That still pisses me off! Kotite was obviously blind Smith had the best preseason of any Eagle that year.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Feva

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 01, 2005, 08:17:13 AM
I think it is going to be McCants again.

Think about it...Reid was just praising the guy last week saying how he wants to get him some more snaps and more involved.

Remember them cutting AJ Feeley in 2002 when they had a similar injury situation? They let him go and brought him right back.

Plus McCants is a vested veteran so his 2005 salary is guaranteed even though he was cut. They're on the hook for his salary because he was on the opening day roster.
I was wondering about that.  Since we're paying him anyway... that more than anything else says we'll bring him back.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

I think we should all just give up the Reno Mahe getting cut dream.  ha.

Feva

Quote from: MURP on October 01, 2005, 10:06:28 PM
I think we should all just give up the Reno Mahe getting cut dream.  ha.
We should refer to him as Elliot Ness cuz his ass is untouchable.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

General_Failure

Reid will cut the mighty Mormon power ranger when he's good and ready. I have hope because he cut both Peterson and Thrash.

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

Hey dingis, he totally TRADED Thrash. I'm totally rolling my eyes at your lack of Eagles knowledge. Butthole.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

Nah, man. The taterskins thought it was such a ballsy move that they gave Reid a draft pick for cutting him. Like a present.

The man. The myth. The legend.