Main Menu

McCants Cut

Started by Don Ho, September 30, 2005, 02:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Well, there's your answer to "who get's bumped to make room for France?"
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's a bit of a surprise.  A team that rountinely plays with 3 WR's on the field is going to only carry 4 on the roster?

Mad-Lad

Don Ho

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 30, 2005, 02:48:31 PM
That's a bit of a surprise.  A team that rountinely plays with 3 WR's on the field is going to only carry 4 on the roster?

This is a strange move.  I thought McCants would contribute a lot more as the season progressed.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just think... one little injury, and we'll be looking at a healthy dose of Billy McMullen!   :evil

In AR we trust!

Yikes.

Cerevant

I'd like to let all of you haters know - there is no room left on the Jeremy Thornburg bandwagon.  ;D
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

the eagles dont cut good players
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Official.  From PE.com's transactions page:

Quote09/30/2005     K     Todd France     Promoted to the 53-man active roster
09/30/2005    WR    Darnerien McCants    Released

Cerevant

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 30, 2005, 02:53:47 PM
the eagles dont cut good players
Don't go trying to suck up now.  Team Thornburg has left you behind.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

TexasEagle

Then why haven't they cut Mahe yet? That guy's STILL stealing a paycheck.

Cerevant

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Cerevant on September 30, 2005, 02:57:20 PM
On the official site

You win.

For the lazy folks....

FRANCE IN; McCANTS OUT
September 30, 2005

As expected, the Eagles signed kicker Todd France to the 53-man roster on Friday, paving the way for France to handle the kicking chores Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium against the Chiefs. To make room for France, the team released veteran receiver Darnerien McCants.
With David Akers sidelined with a right hamstring tear, France will be expected to step in and perform.

"I still have to make the kicks," France said of his newfound responsibility. "I'm not trying any harder or focusing any more than I was last week. It's a pretty simple job we have to do, put the ball in between the uprights."

The 6-foot-3, 200-pound France earned a spot on the All-NFL Europe team this past spring while playing for the Hamburg Sea Devils. He connected on 24 of 34 field goal attempts and all 15 extra point attempts as he led the league in scoring.

The longest field goal he hit in NFL Europe was from 54 yards. In the 2005 NFL preseason with Tampa Bay, he hit all four of his field goal attempts, the longest from 49 yards, as well as all three of his extra point attempts.

Originally signed by Minnesota as a rookie free agent in 2002, the 25-year-old France has spent time in training camps with the Vikings (2002 and 2003), Giants (2004) and Buccaneers (2005).

A native of Holland, Ohio, France finished his career at Toledo as the all-time leading scorer among kickers in Mid-American Conference history with 320 points.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.