Ok 2-1 and we go to KC next Week

Started by EaglesRock, September 25, 2005, 11:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

No Roaf?

F'ing excellent.

Jordan Black, Chris Bober and Kevin Sampson flat out suck ass.

ice grillin you

fwiw the chiefs website still has him listed as questionable

but if espn news is listing him as out...holla!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

I think the main reason he is out is what was posted in the yahoo quote I posted. They have a bye week in week 5 and it would give him 5 full weeks to rest up instead of risking further injury rushing him back.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

i love how every football "expert" always talk about how much the Eagles blitz.  if you listen to guys who actually watch film, like Greg Cosell or R. Diddy the constantly talk about the fact that the Eagles don't blitz as much as everything thinks they do, they just have a high success rate so it appears they blitz more.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 29, 2005, 08:51:50 AM
i love how every football "expert" always talk about how much the Eagles blitz.  if you listen to guys who actually watch film, like Greg Cosell or R. Diddy the constantly talk about the fact that the Eagles don't blitz as much as everything thinks they do, they just have a high success rate so it appears they blitz more.
It's an easy way for them to glaze over the fact that they don't know ish about the Eagles D.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 29, 2005, 08:51:50 AM

Yeah, good point. I really enjoy listening to Cosell. I wish he was on more (radio or TV). Very good analyst. One of my favorites.

I think they're going to blitz the ever-living piss out of the Chefs this weekend though. No Roaf, Green shats himself under pressure (see the MNF game) and their WRs eat ass.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 29, 2005, 09:06:50 AM

Yeah, good point. I really enjoy listening to Cosell. I wish he was on more (radio or TV). Very good analyst. One of my favorites.

I think they're going to blitz the ever-living piss out of the Chefs this weekend though. No Roaf, Green shats himself under pressure (see the MNF game) and their WRs eat ass.

i agree, the only matchup that makes me nervous is Gonzalez against Lewis or against Dhani.  Gonzalez hasn't scored yet this year and the Chiefs will probably look to get him started.  Also, if the Eagles are blitzing alot Gonzalez might get a lot of hot read looks.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Tony Gonzalez is not a concern to me. Even if he gets a lot of yards. What concerns me is their running game and whether Kearse can get off the schneid and smash some QBs.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i agree about kearse....he needs to come off that milk carton
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 29, 2005, 09:31:26 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 29, 2005, 09:06:50 AM

i agree, the only matchup that makes me nervous is Gonzalez against Lewis or against Dhani.  Gonzalez hasn't scored yet this year and the Chiefs will probably look to get him started.  Also, if the Eagles are blitzing alot Gonzalez might get a lot of hot read looks.

I'm cool with him getting the hot-read passes. They are short and the Birds are good tacklers so they'd limit his yardage.

But I think that we're going to see bracket coverage on him. Not man-up, but Dhani jamming him off the line with Mike Lewis shadowing him over the top.

Dawkins will be able to play in the box this week and blitz and provide run support because Lito and Sheldon can absolutely handle Eddie Kennison and Samie parker.

With no Roaf, I think JJ will go after Green like crazy. he was beaten up by denver becaus ethat Ol could not protect him.

I like our chances this week.,

Rome

Guys... crowd or no crowd, the Eagles are going to obliterate the Chefs.

Their defense is horrendous, Green is a statue and the Eagles run defense has been stout lately.

It all adds up to a blowout.

Feva

Quote from: rjs246 on September 29, 2005, 09:33:15 AM
Tony Gonzalez is not a concern to me. Even if he gets a lot of yards. What concerns me is their running game and whether Kearse can get off the schneid and smash some QBs.
Agreement orgasms... yuck!  :paranoid

We stop their running game... we blow out the Chiefs.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

JTrotter Fan

Trent Green is fresh meat.  Watch out...i think Kearse will have two sacks and a QB knockout this week!  :yay
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

WEST is GOD

Tony G is a concern to me. TEs always kill the Eagles.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Wingspan

Quote from: Avenger on September 29, 2005, 04:03:29 PM
Tony G is a concern to me. TEs always kill the Eagles.

which ones have killed the eagles?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.