Ok 2-1 and we go to KC next Week

Started by EaglesRock, September 25, 2005, 11:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EaglesRock

Kc's defense is improved some but i dont think they had to improve that much to be a very good team.

We stopped the Raiders run game damn good today but next week is Different. LJ and Priest with there o line is one hall of alot better then the faiders.

Akers is hurt .

We are in there house.

They beat the raiders by 6 in the Ass-Hole

Will Walker be back????

Tony G. is a very good tight End. Ok so he is damn good got to give them Props

I THINK WE TAKE THEM EASY....

On To 3-1

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: EaglesRock on September 25, 2005, 11:51:43 PM

I THINK WE TAKE THEM EASY....

On To 3-1

I don't, in fact, I'm praying they beat Denver tomorrow night. Teams that have big MNF wins almost always have a let down the next week. Not too mention the shorter week of preparation/rest they'll have. As far as the game goes, I think it will come down to who wins the turnover battle.

Sgt PSN

I don't think it's going to be easy at all but I still think the Eagles win.  They better, I'm flying halfway across the country to watch 'em. 

Chiefs O vs Eagles D

Lito and Sheldon will have no problem containing Eddie Kennison and Chris Horn.  Dhani Jones vs Tony Gonzales scares the ish outta me though. 

The thing about this game is that the Eagles will be able to stack the line and try and stop the run because the Chiefs lack a legitimate downfield threat on the outside.  Of course I don't expect the defense to shut down the Chiefs running game like they did the Raiders but I think that if they can keep Johnson/Holmes less than a combined 150 yards then the defense is doing it's job.  Yeah, it sounds rediculous but I think that's what they need to do. 

The front 4 needs to generate pressure on the QB.  The Chiefs o-line is tremendous at run blocking but average imo at pass protection.  They are the exact opposite of the Eagles line. 

Eagles O vs Chiefs D

The Chiefs linebackers are what worry me the most which is a complete 180 from last year because they were not a very strong unit.  But Derrick Johnson is an absolute beast.  He is strong and fast and will give Westbrook fits.  I think in order for Westy to have some success they are going to have to motion him out of the backfield and use him as a receiver. 

The Chiefs secondary is improved from last year but they still aren't that great.  Last week they did a good job against the Raiders but one td was called back on a bogus PI call in the endzone.  The Jets had them beat all day but Pennington either threw a bad pass or Jet recievers dropped the ball. 

Special Teams

This is the one area where the Chiefs have a distinct advantage.  Dante Hall must be contained because if he breaks one loose then the flood gates will be open.  Normally I'd say the Eagles have the edge in the kicking game but given Akers' injury the Chiefs get the edge here too.  Lawrence Tynes was on the verge of being cut during preseason so it's not like he's all that.  But so far during the season he's been pretty solid.  I beleive he did have a kick blocked in week 1 though. 

That being said, this is a resiliant Eagles team and an experienced team.  I think they'll win in a squeaker 24-23.

WEST is GOD

I'm with SD. It's crucial they win tomorrow night. 3-0 going back home on a short week where they expect to win, is a potential letdown spot.

Also the Broncos is a big division game, so that also poses as a letdown factor for the next week in an out of conference game.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Don Ho

This one realy scares the shtein out of me.  KC at home under any condition is tough.  Need to stop the run as Green has not been lighting it up, so far.  Very limited WR crew.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I highly doubt that Dhani Jones will be covering Tony G. all the time. He might be matched up on him occasionally, but I'm sure that Jim Johnson will cover him like he used to cover Shockey - with a safety and a CB.

Gonzalez is their only receiving threat. Kennison and the other bums they have at WR can be covered by Lito and Sheldon and Hood. So I believe JJ will have Lewis and whichever CB is not on a WR out on Gonzalez.

Run defense next week is a MUST. Stop Priest & Huggies and you force Green to throw. The Chefs OL is banged up too.

It's going to be a tough game, guys.

rjs246

If Donovan plays next week like he did yesterday we lose this game in embarrassing fashion.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

If Donovan plays next week like he played the first half yesterday..we'll be in trouble. He played great in the second half...

1st half: 11/24 99 yards 0 TD 1 INT
2nd half: 19/28 266 yards 2 TD 0 INT

ice grillin you

i think theyll lose simply because its a tough place to play against a good team...much like the atlanta game...you cant win every game and this is one of their losses

however if thet gut check it and pull out a win...look out...this could be a special season
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I agree. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a loss, but i think they call pull it out. The thing here is that KC is on  short week too. Hopefully they beat Denver tonight and they get in a trap situation.

I would prepare Mike McMahon this week though. And like I said they need to run the ball ALOT more this week. Big Red better gameplan it from today until Sunday.

Larry

QuoteAnd like I said they need to run the ball ALOT more this week. Big Red better gameplan it from today until Sunday.

Chances of this happening, I'd say, is about 5%...and that's only if McNabb can barely walk or move.
More Mahe please.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 26, 2005, 08:34:23 AM
I agree. I wouldn't be shocked if it was a loss, but i think they call pull it out. The thing here is that KC is on  short week too. Hopefully they beat Denver tonight and they get in a trap situation.

I would prepare Mike McMahon this week though. And like I said they need to run the ball ALOT more this week. Big Red better gameplan it from today until Sunday.

yeah, you can't have your injured QB throwing the ball 50+ times, plus, you want to keep the ball from KC's offense as much as you can.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

My question is this. Facing the choice between having to run more or starting McMahon and passing to his heart's content, what does Andy Reid do?

Or does he keep McNabb in next week and still pass 70% of the time?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Larry

Reid would run more if he were forced to put in one of his backup QBs.  With McNabb, it'll still be 2 passes for every 1 run.
More Mahe please.

rjs246

Yeah, I'm afraid I agree with you there. Gross.

Let them eat bootstraps.