Let the 2005 season begin. GAME THREAD!

Started by Sgt PSN, September 12, 2005, 09:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: archer on September 12, 2005, 10:41:55 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 12, 2005, 10:37:28 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 12, 2005, 10:34:47 PM
Was it just me, or could TO have gotten 5 more yards on that reception?

Couldn't see if there was a defender coming at him or not.  He definately was going to outrun the defender to his right but because of the camera angle, I have no clue what the field looked like in front of him.  He got the first down and went out of bounds to stop the clock.  I'm not complaining.  :)

He was afraid of getting hit by the linebacker, he'll start doing these little things now that he's not happy with his contract, he did the same thing in San Fran. It's going to be a fun year!!

How's your QB?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Zanshin on September 12, 2005, 10:42:57 PM
Please do so immediately.

Unfortunately I have to wait until the game is over.  Hopefully it doesn't come down to a FG to determine the outcome.  :paranoid

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 12, 2005, 10:43:09 PM
Quote from: archer on September 12, 2005, 10:41:55 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 12, 2005, 10:37:28 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 12, 2005, 10:34:47 PM
Was it just me, or could TO have gotten 5 more yards on that reception?

Couldn't see if there was a defender coming at him or not.  He definately was going to outrun the defender to his right but because of the camera angle, I have no clue what the field looked like in front of him.  He got the first down and went out of bounds to stop the clock.  I'm not complaining.  :)

He was afraid of getting hit by the linebacker, he'll start doing these little things now that he's not happy with his contract, he did the same thing in San Fran. It's going to be a fun year!!

How's your QB?

[Ramsey]I suck.  Trade me.[/Ramsey]

archer

For the last 6 seasons or so, teams coming off a Super Bowl loss, haven't even made the playoffs in the following season, don't expect much this year. A playoff appearance would be a positive this year. You have plenty of controversy going on this year, it's going to be tougher than you think. You can't tell it by the tv coverage the Eagles are getting though by the local media, they're making everygame out to be the S.B.

Father Demon

Akers is killing me.  We get -3 points for each missed FG.

Who's sponsoring this schmuck?
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

MDS

Quote from: archer on September 12, 2005, 10:46:11 PM
For the last 6 seasons or so, teams coming off a Super Bowl loss, haven't even made the playoffs in the following season, don't expect much this year. A playoff appearance would be a positive this year. You have plenty of controversy going on this year, it's going to be tougher than you think. You can't tell it by the tv coverage the Eagles are getting though by the local media, they're making everygame out to be the S.B.

Thanks. I'm os muh samrtaor 4 redng taht
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Your opinion is like my ass, I wipe it after I'm done with a shtein and flush it down the toilet.

PhillyPhreak54

Go farg yourself.

archer

Sgt PSN

First half finally over.  Could have been disasterous but the Eagles kept it close and the offense started moving the ball in the 2nd qtr.  Another score would have been great before the half to keep some pressure off the D but now it's up to the defense to come out and set the tone for the second half. 

Reid, for the love of everything holy please DO NOT try to start the half with an onsides kick. 

Special teams need to step up too......covering, returning and kicking.  So far Dirk's punts have been the best aspect of ST's. 

pinoyboy2pt0

Akers gotta get with it. 

He missed two 51 yarders in preseason, did make a 45 yarder.

Missed to 50 yard(ish) tonight.

It's all in your head David!

He's gotta get his stinkin mind right.

Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

PhillyGirl

Why are you here? Methinks your team has its own problems.

Who is your QB?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

WEST is GOD

I didn't read anything in this thread, but does Mcnabb's injury look serious to you guys? It's really affecting his throws IMO.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

archer

Just making small talk guys, good luck this year, later

PhillyPhreak54

David Akers needs to remove his head from his ass and start making them.

It should be 14-13.

Defense starting to get to Vick...keep it up. Gotta stop Dunn from running that stretch play. They're running right at Kearse to neutralize his speed. More turnovers.

OL needs to block better too.

Let's go.