PreGame Skirmish on the field!

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 12, 2005, 08:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

^^^^
good post

but it will only truly be forgotten if they can win at kc (a BIG if)...without overstating it the key to the season from the get was the first three road games (atl kc dal)....all killer...if they can salvage it and go 2-1 then last night never happened
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 13, 2005, 10:25:06 AM
^^^^
good post

but it will only truly be forgotten if they can win at kc (a BIG if)...without overstating it the key to the season from the get was the first three road games (atl kc dal)....all killer...if they can salvage it and go 2-1 then last night never happened

I agree.  The KC game looms large.

Then again, if they lose to SF or Oak-town... hoo boy.

BobbyT

I don't get the talk about Trotter "not thinking straight" or it was a "dumb move".Have you people ever played in a competitive sport where their was emotion? This isn't checkers.The guy was hyped and if it had been some other crew doing the game he probably wouldn't have been tossed.Would you still be on his back?
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

ice grillin you

Then again, if they lose to SF or Oak-town... hoo boy

im expecting a loss at kc but multiply those expectations times 100 and thats how much i expect them to beat sf and oak

a loss in either of those games=

henchmanUK

Quote from: BobbyT on September 13, 2005, 10:30:38 AM
I don't get the talk about Trotter "not thinking straight" or it was a "dumb move".Have you people ever played in a competitive sport where their was emotion?

Yes, I've played in competitive sport, but not as A JOB. Remember, this is Trotter's job, and a very well paid job at that. If I'd done something dumb and avoidable that caused me to miss work for a week, you'd be damn sure I wouldn't get paid.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Father Demon

Jeremiah's Press Release, courtesy of the Team Trotter Newswire:

For my actions, and how it hurt the Eagles, I apologize.
Unlike my opponents, I relish the pure sportsmanship of the contest, and prefer not to turn it into a
Contest of barbarism.  In retrospect, I should have maintained my composure, and
Kept my emotions from getting the better of me.

As it stands now, I have
Truly learned my lesson and have spoken to Coach Reid about my actions.
Love for the game will always keep me passionate, but I understandand that my
Actions showed otherwise.  I have learned my lesson, and have promised Coach that I
No longer will jeopardize the team's goals with my own actions.
To my teammates, the coaching staff, and the fans, I sincerely apologize.
And with that, bring on San Francisco so we can show the world our power!
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhreak54

I don't get the animosity towards Trotter. Sure the Falcons racked up 200 yards rushing, but they only put up 14 points. And they did not get hardly any yards up the middle. If I had to guess I'd say that 75% of those 200 yards came off of the RT's ass. They ran right at Jevon Kearse to neutralize his speed. That was evident if you watched the game.

The only thing I can say I wish was different about the defense was Jim Johnson should've put Kearse at RDE again. Not playing him there was a mistake. Not only because he has the speed to get to Vick but ND Kalu is a solid run defender and he could've helped stop that running off RT.

MURP

anyone here would have done what Trotter did after getting hit in the face. 

Larry

atlanta did have more success running between the tackles.  That, in turn, allowed Vick to attack the edges.  They knew our defense with Trotter is stout.  Without him, it's suspect.
More Mahe please.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 13, 2005, 12:33:18 PM
I don't get the animosity towards Trotter. Sure the Falcons racked up 200 yards rushing, but they only put up 14 points. And they did not get hardly any yards up the middle. If I had to guess I'd say that 75% of those 200 yards came off of the RT's ass. They ran right at Jevon Kearse to neutralize his speed. That was evident if you watched the game.

The only thing I can say I wish was different about the defense was Jim Johnson should've put Kearse at RDE again. Not playing him there was a mistake. Not only because he has the speed to get to Vick but ND Kalu is a solid run defender and he could've helped stop that running off RT.

i agree with most of what you said, however, Sportscenter showed a couple times where Labinjo couldn't get over to the hole, probably something Trotter would've been able to do.  so just because they weren't running up the middle doesn't mean that Trotter wouldn't have been effective
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

anyone here would have done what Trotter did after getting hit in the face

not true...players get punched all the time and instead of retaliate they fly their hands in the air and back off....so the other guy gets the flag...

in trotters defense tho pregame warmups are a different beast...there really is no precedence for what happened...refs being around was probably the last thing on his mind

SunMo

for warmups, they better bring Trotter out in the Hannibal Lecter restraint system from Silence of the Lambs
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

shorebird

I have absolutly no anomosity towards Trotter at all, only thing he did was try to defend hisself.

I dissagree about no yards coming up the middle, if you watch the replay of the game, the biggest gains they had were all up the middle, and you can see Labingo being taken out of all of those plays. I know that the Falcons only scored 14 points, but if Trotter had been in there they'd have been lucky to have scored once. jmo.

MURP

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 13, 2005, 12:39:14 PM
anyone here would have done what Trotter did after getting hit in the face

in trotters defense tho pregame warmups are a different beast..

yeah, so what your saying is that anyone here would have done what Trotter id after getting hit in the face. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 13, 2005, 12:39:07 PM

i agree with most of what you said, however, Sportscenter showed a couple times where Labinjo couldn't get over to the hole, probably something Trotter would've been able to do.  so just because they weren't running up the middle doesn't mean that Trotter wouldn't have been effective

Yeah, I saw that 'Binjo certainly didn't get off his blocks well. But in his defense he had 30 minutes to prepare.

Trot would've been effective, but they should've won last night either way.

Even if Akers makes 1 of those 2 then the final drive could've been approached differently. Instead of having to get a TD they play for FG position.