PreGame Skirmish on the field!

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 12, 2005, 08:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

The Trotter thing came BEFORE the logo and please with the "don't do it on the road".

Oh, so change your entire pregame ritual, that they've been doing for years, because some whiny ass Falcons can't handle it? Puh-lease. They do it before EVERY game and a lot of teams do it at the Linc as well.

Trotter got a punch thrown at him and didn't throw one back. Tell me again why he should be fine a week's wages?

Some of you are talking complete bullshtein right now.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Trotter was wrong.  He didn't "punch", but he did retaliate.

Regardless, he shouldn't be fined.  The coaches can use last night's game to learn lessons, but they'd be wise to let the players move on and prepare for San Francisco.

Pats and Sox

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 13, 2005, 09:05:35 AM
Trotter was wrong.  He didn't "punch", but he did retaliate.

Regardless, he shouldn't be fined.  The coaches can use last night's game to learn lessons, but they'd be wise to let the players move on and prepare for San Francisco.

Actually, IMO, a fine would have been much more appropriate than an ejection.

Think about it. If I'm an unscrupulous opposing coach and I can send my busted second-string CB to get himself and our opponent's marquee LB ejected, why wouldn't I do it? Losing Mathis meant nothing compared to losing Trotter.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Pats and Sox on September 13, 2005, 09:13:14 AM

I agree. Since he was thrown out of the game for NOT throwing a punch, that more than satisfies any fines he should have gotten.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Diomedes

Trotter needed to back off when Mathis did that.  He's got people counting on him.  He can't let himself get baited into that kind of thing.

There's a reason he's known as "Dumbass" around here.  And not just because Big Brother calls him that.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

Quote from: Diomedes on September 13, 2005, 09:17:43 AM
Trotter needed to back off when Mathis did that. He's got people counting on him. He can't let himself get baited into that kind of thing.

There's a reason he's known as "Dumbass" around here. And not just because Big Brother calls him that.

I couldn't agree more. I hope he's learned something from all this. It had to absolutely kill him to sit out last night.

henchmanUK

Quote from: Diomedes on September 13, 2005, 09:17:43 AM
Trotter needed to back off when Mathis did that.  He's got people counting on him.  He can't let himself get baited into that kind of thing.

Exactly. And he should be fined a week's wages because, as a result of his actions, he contributed not one damn thing to the team's performance this week.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Pats and Sox on September 13, 2005, 09:13:14 AM

Sure, but the ejection already happened.  That's yet another reason why imposing a fine is not a good idea.

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 13, 2005, 09:04:02 AM
Trotter got a punch thrown at him and didn't throw one back. Tell me again why he should be fine a week's wages?

he was trying to rip his head off. punch or no punch, trotter retaliated. he shouldnt have. he did a stupid thing that hurt the team.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mikey418

Has everyone been ignoring the fact that Mathis then spiked Trotter's helmet and that during the skirmish D. Hall also threw a few 'punches'?

Just curious, because if you are going to eject Trott for what he did, D. Hall should have been gone also.  Mathis definitely deserved to go....
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

PoopyfaceMcGee

Let's just say that DeAngelo Hall got away with a lot last night.

SunMo

Quote from: mikey418 on September 13, 2005, 10:07:50 AM
Has everyone been ignoring the fact that Mathis then spiked Trotter's helmet and that during the skirmish D. Hall also threw a few 'punches'?

Just curious, because if you are going to eject Trott for what he did, D. Hall should have been gone also.  Mathis definitely deserved to go....

it was Hall that spiked the helmet.  that guy is a punk, i don't like him too much.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mikey418 on September 13, 2005, 10:07:50 AM

Actually HALL spiked the helmet....after throwing a punch....and then proceeded to get away with some BLATANT PI calls on TO all night long.

ice grillin you

he played for frank beamer what do you expect

the hokies make miami look like the eagles
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mikey418

It just seemed that the Falcons didn't just have the home field on their side....

But that said and as bad as the Eagles played, including Akers missing 2 FGs, the Birds only lost by 4 points and had chances to win the game - which I think is a big positive. 

Look at it this way.  The birds played their strongest challenger for the NFC, on the road.  They got screwed before the game and during the game.  Akers, normally a sure shot, missed 2 FGs.  The Eagles played horrible on offense and the playcalling was poor, not to mention the play of the guards.  And after all that, the birds only lost by 4...giving up 0 points after the 1st quarter...

Birds will be fine.  It's a long year and this game will be forgotten about in a few weeks.
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett