PreGame Skirmish on the field!

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 12, 2005, 08:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catapult

Please select your blitz package:  Zone, Darth, Mad Tiger, Train Wreck, Monster, Kitchen Sink, Jail Break, or Bench Press (new!)

Geowhizzer

I'm not sure that Trotter choosing to go towards the Falcon was being set up.  I know that Mathis took the first shot, but Trotter did walk over to him.

If it was a set-up, Trotter was just darn stupid to fall for it.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 13, 2005, 12:34:23 AM

Not out of the realm of possibility.   :paranoid
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

QB Eagles

C'mon, it wasn't a set-up. That's thinking like a taterskins fan. Everything's a conspiracy to make Gibbs look senile, but really he's a genius.

The truth is it was a very questionable call to keep Trot out, but Trot played a huge role in getting in that situation in the first place. The guy plays with a lot of heart, but no one said he's Einstein.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 13, 2005, 12:40:55 AM
C'mon, it wasn't a set-up. That's thinking like a taterskins fan. Everything's a conspiracy to make Gibbs look senile, but really he's a genius.

The truth is it was a very questionable call to keep Trot out, but Trot played a huge role in getting in that situation in the first place. The guy plays with a lot of heart, but no one said he's Einstein.

Trotter's probably never even heard of Thomas Einstein.  Or Albert Edison. 

phillymic2000

I don't know this one smelled of Jo Jo English  / Derick Harper.

Geowhizzer

I still think that it was a weak call, but Trot's got noone to blame but himself.

And as for the loss- the Eagles are supposed to be a championship-calibre football team.  Losing Trotter is no excuse for the way the offense played.

PhillyPhreak54

Trot did not deserve to get thrown out. That was rubbish.

DGunn said on PGL that Ike Reese told the Falcons that the Eagles like to go to mid-field and that got them fired up.

BLAME IKE!

PhillyPhreak54

Trot being interviewed...

Trash-talking...just got heated...didn't deserve to get kicked out.

"I didn't throw a punch. He threw a punch at me and I tried to grab his facemask. I kept telling the ref to watch it again because I di not throw a punch. When Andy told me I was out I was very upset."

General_Failure

I was not as pleased by that ejection as I should have been. With no suitable replacement my joy was short lived.

The man. The myth. The legend.

EJ72

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 13, 2005, 12:34:23 AM
I'm not sure that Trotter choosing to go towards the Falcon was being set up.  I know that Mathis took the first shot, but Trotter did walk over to him.

It kind of makes you wonder what started the whole thing. It looked as though Mathis had said something to Trotter, then he walked towards Mathis.

I have to admit, the idea that it could be a set up crossed my mind after I saw the replay for the 5,000th time. Maybe they figured, well, we lose our nickle back, but they lose the backbone of their run defense.  All I know is, I've never heard of anything like that in over 35 years as a football fan.

TexasEagle

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 13, 2005, 12:57:15 AM
Trot did not deserve to get thrown out. That was rubbish.

DGunn said on PGL that Ike Reese told the Falcons that the Eagles like to go to mid-field and that got them fired up.

BLAME IKE!

I thought they stopped doing that after the Jag's bitch slapped them a couple of years ago. Here's an idea, don't jump on the opposing team's logo before the games. Apparently they don't tend to like that too much. ::)

General_Failure

They do it at home, too. They do a team get together at midfield. It's fargin' stupid that teams whine and cry about it. But hey, whatever takes to get your unmotivated ass pumped for the game I guess.

The man. The myth. The legend.

TexasEagle

At home is one thing, it's their field. On the road is something else. I like to think the Eagles would get fired up if say the Cowboys were at the Linc and did a tapdance on the Eagle head before the game started.

I remember waking up and seeing the Eagles jumping on the Falcon and the Falcon players getting in their faces and my first thought was, "they're still doing that shtein?".

henchmanUK

Quote from: TexasEagle on September 13, 2005, 03:40:56 AM
At home is one thing, it's their field. On the road is something else. I like to think the Eagles would get fired up if say the Cowboys were at the Linc and did a tapdance on the Eagle head before the game started.

I remember waking up and seeing the Eagles jumping on the Falcon and the Falcon players getting in their faces and my first thought was, "they're still doing that shtein?".

Agreed. We owned them in the NFCG. Act business-like and don't do all the other shtein and then you don't get thrown out of the game. Trotter should be fined a week's wages.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London