Eagles Sign Seven To Practice Squad

Started by Rome, September 05, 2005, 08:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

Actually he was the most productive runningback in the pre-season. Andy wanted to see what he could do so he gave him a lot of carries I guess. I will say this though, I thought Wynn looked a bit better. Personally, I don't think Mahe can hold a candle to Perry.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: shorebird on September 06, 2005, 09:26:21 PM
Personally, I don't think Mahe can hold a candle to Perry.

Mahe sucks, like, a lot.  I've conceded that.

shorebird

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 06, 2005, 09:25:11 PM
Dio's a realist.

All I know is that the guy was coughing up the rock in a game he knew was going to be make-or-break for his NFL career and that he was quickly cut in favor of a waiver wire RB. The odds are against him.

Plus, Moats p\/\/nZ.

Yeah, I was pissed when he fumbled. That was the final nail in his coffin. But he also averaged over six yards a carry when he held onto it.

Diomedes

The most encouraging thing I saw out of Perry was the way he put his shoulder down on his way into the endzone.   I don't know which shoulder was injured, or for that matter which one he tucked (right??) on his way in, but it was good to see him deliver contact. 

But really...bid deal.  He's playing football.  He's supposed to do that.  I'm not going to get too excited by him doing what he should.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

Well, truth be known, we probably wouldn't even be talking about him if the title of this thread didn't have "Practice Squad" in it.

mussa

Ok so Josh Parry is our starting full-back?  Or do we have Ritchie and Parry on the squad?  Sorry ive been in canada the last 5 days.  Team Ritchie is confused.   ???
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: mussa on September 08, 2005, 10:59:50 AM
Ok so Josh Parry is our starting full-back?  Or do we have Ritchie and Parry on the squad?  Sorry ive been in canada the last 5 days.  Team Ritchie is confused.   ???

Parry is the starter, and Ritchie was cut.

MURP

Parry is the starter, Ritchie is cut.  Your avatar curse is real. 

Cerevant

Quote from: mussa on September 08, 2005, 10:59:50 AM
Josh Parry: Starting Fullback
Bruce Perry: Practice Squad
John Ritchie: Cut  :'(

C
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

mussa

oh man...wtf.  it is a curse.  im not sponsoring anybody else.  maybe josh parry though. :evil

im shocked. 

somebody is going to snatch ritchie up real quick.   

farg im pissed
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: mussa on September 08, 2005, 11:08:30 AM
somebody is going to snatch ritchie up real quick.   

farg im pissed

I doubt real quick. He was cut because his knee is still shot.

Its been a few days now and no one has picked him up and its the first week of the season.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mussa

PhillyGirl

Speaking of Ritchie:

QuoteRitchie goes grunge

Former Raiders fullback Jon Ritchie lost his job with the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday. It didn't take long for him to find a new gig. Literally.

Ritchie was at Thursday's game as an invited guest of East Bay band Green Day, passing time between NFL stops touring the East Coast by bus with the popular rockers.

Green Day performed before the game, watched the game from a private suite and then left for its next stop, in Hartford, Conn. From there, Ritchie said, he is off to Cincinnati for a tryout with the Bengals.

"I don't know about (wearing) orange," Ritchie said, always known for his introspective takes on life and football, as well as his hard-nosed style of play.

Ritchie played for the Raiders from 1998-2002. He spent the past two seasons with the Eagles before he was "blindsided" by Philadelphia's last-minute decision to go with younger players at fullback.

Ritchie said he passes the time jamming on guitar with Green Day and even wrote a song that one day might find its way into a Green Day concert.

"Those guys are virtuosos," Ritchie said.

Ritchie said he loves his current gig but "would love to play for the Raiders" again. His wife hails from San Francisco and most of his close friends still live in the Bay Area. He attended Stanford.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen