Hugh Douglas and Jon Ritchie cut!

Started by WEST is GOD, September 03, 2005, 03:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kubrick

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on September 09, 2005, 10:16:28 PM
Blindsided?

What a crock of shtein.

:-D

I think that's what you call it when you outperform another player but still get cut.
TO and me drink tea

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Stanley Kubrick on September 10, 2005, 05:20:05 AM
Blindsided?

What a crock of shtein.

I think that's what you call it when you outperform another player but still get cut.

I'm sure that's what the Eagles did. They CUT the better performing player. Good call.

::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

I think they should've kept Ritchie. It's not like they use the FB so much that it would be a big difference, but I prefer Ritchie. Parry certainly didn't impress me last year. The missed blocks and dropped passes after tripping over blades of grass weren't good either.

I just hope Parry is ready to open some holes like Ritchie could.

Rome

Quote from: Stanley Kubrick on September 10, 2005, 05:20:05 AM
Blindsided?

What a crock of shtein.

Thanks for the input, Jon.

BTW: Your queer little band sucks ass.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2005, 09:42:30 AM
I think they should've kept Ritchie. It's not like they use the FB so much that it would be a big difference, but I prefer Ritchie. Parry certainly didn't impress me last year. The missed blocks and dropped passes after tripping over blades of grass weren't good either.

I just hope Parry is ready to open some holes like Ritchie could.

Phreak, Reid loved Ritchie as well....he was there all season helping out on the sidelines and such. But how can you possibly DOUBT a move that was pretty obviously the right one? Keep Ritchie and 3 games into the season, we see just how slow he really is on that bad knee.

Ritchie in his prime > Parry
Parry is his prime > Ritchie now
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

I'm just not a Parry fan, that's all. What I saw from last year underwhelmed me. I'm being dead serious when I say this - but I would prefer to see Cecil Martin brought back than have Josh Parry here. ;)

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2005, 09:52:37 AM
I'm just not a Parry fan, that's all. What I saw from last year underwhelmed me. I'm being dead serious when I say this - but I would prefer to see Cecil Martin brought back than have Josh Parry here. ;)

I love squirrel fisting. lol

I'm willing to give Parry some benefit of the doubt and think that last year, being his first real season at FB, will be better this year than last year.

PhillyPhreak54

I sure hope so. I'm rooting for him because he's here and he's vital to the success of the running game and in pass blocking and on the occasion they throw him a bone. But I don't want to see the rumblin-bumblin-stumblin-drop the ball after two yards in the flat where no defender is around him.

We shall see. :P

PhillyGirl

Phreak, I'm in no ways saying that Parry WILL be that great or anything. Don't get me wrong here.

But to say they should have kept Ritchie is something I didn't think YOU'D say! lol. The guy had nothing left from what the coaching staff said. I tend to believe what they see on a daily basis over what we saw in bits and pieces on TV during preseason games. If they say he just couldn't run in the end, I have to believe that is the case. The guy was a hell of a FB before the injury. And he might still be in a year or so, but this is a Super Bowl year for the Eagles. What else would they do? What other FB would you have thought  to have come in here other than Parry or Ritchie? One who would know this system and be able to jump right in?

Realistically, so don't throw Cecil at me. LOL

Eaglez

What's Jamie Reader up to these days?  ;D

MURP

Quote from: Eaglez on September 10, 2005, 10:42:51 AM
What's Jamie Reader up to these days? ;D

Just when I thought that name was gone forever. 

mussa

josh parry sucks...i can't believe they cut ritchie
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

Quote from: mussa on September 10, 2005, 10:50:39 AM
josh parry sucks...i can't believe they cut ritchie

with your luck, they wont make the next 2 Sin City movies because of your current avatar.

mussa

"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

the avatar/signature curse doesn't pertain to fictional people. only real ones :evil