Hugh Douglas and Jon Ritchie cut!

Started by WEST is GOD, September 03, 2005, 03:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

I sound like a Gibbs ball gobbler here, but why don't we trust Andy? Doesn't he seem to always make the correct personal decisions? I'm sure Parry was the best option they had, and that they are confident he can do the job. Same goes with Hugh, he probably sucked ass.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Thrash and Pinkston were not the correct decisions. Simoneau and Blaine Bishop were not the correct decisions. He'd has a pretty good track record, but let's not pretend he's perfect.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Yea but he tends to correct his mistakes (Simoneu not starting, Bishop cut, eventually bringing TO in here). He's not perfect, but he's pretty good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

All I know is I have zero expectations for Parry, and I don't expect Westbrook to run for more than 700 yards this year.

MDS

It won't matter when TO and McNabb kick the crap out of each other on the sideline.

General_Failure

Larry

Parry = more 3-wr sets = passing 70% of the time.

Makes perfect sense when you look at it from Big Red's perspective.
More Mahe please.

General_Failure

Like he didn't pass 70% of the time  from two back sets.

Larry

It was 66%.  2 out of 3 just isn't enough passing. >:D

The way Spudz claims how Parry will only see less than 10% of the plays (which I guestimate will be about 7 plays a game), I think Spach/R.Brown see more field time.
More Mahe please.

General_Failure

I have no problems with them keeping Parry off the field because he blows. My only gripe is he limits what they can do because he blows.

Eaglez

I don't even see why we are griping so much about the fullback position.

We always seem to have a singleback set with 3 wide. Rarely ever do we line up two back.  I'm not concerned with someone who really doesn't factor in too much to our overall gameplan. They kept Parry because he can block every once in a while and maybe catch a bone. He's not intergral to this offense in order for it to run smoothly. I pretty much consider him a backup and I bet we won't even open up with him in the backfield on Monday.

Parry can run and hold up for a season, unfortunately Jon can't. At this jecture I percieve it as a wash.

Stanley Kubrick

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on September 10, 2005, 09:43:11 AM
Quote from: Stanley Kubrick on September 10, 2005, 05:20:05 AM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on September 09, 2005, 10:16:28 PM
Blindsided?

What a crock of shtein.

:-D

I think that's what you call it when you outperform another player but still get cut.

Thanks for the input, Jon.

BTW: Your queer little band sucks ass.

I guess you have never heard of Deep Release then...
TO and me drink tea

Stanley Kubrick

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 10, 2005, 09:36:27 AM
Blindsided?

What a crock of shtein.

I think that's what you call it when you outperform another player but still get cut.

I'm sure that's what the Eagles did. They CUT the better performing player. Good call.

::)

Did you spend any time at camp this summer? Did you watch the preseason games? Tell me how exactly did Parry outperform Ritchie? I didn't see it. Ritchie is a vet and reliable fullback. He's a great instinctive blocker. Parry simply lacks that inate instinct.
TO and me drink tea

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Stanley Kubrick on September 10, 2005, 09:10:20 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 10, 2005, 09:36:27 AM
Blindsided?

What a crock of shtein.

I'm sure that's what the Eagles did. They CUT the better performing player. Good call.

::)

Did you spend any time at camp this summer? Did you watch the preseason games? Tell me how exactly did Parry outperform Ritchie? I didn't see it. Ritchie is a vet and reliable fullback. He's a great instinctive blocker. Parry simply lacks that inate instinct.

Parry's related to IGY?

methdeez

Bring back Stanley Pritchett!
;D
I always liked that guy.