FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

While I agree with that stance of playing regulation until someone wins, I like it being in the playoffs only. Because the season is FAR too long to do that all year long.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty

I agree with both sides to a certain point.  getting a point for losing a game is ridiculous to no end.  especially for a rough sport like hockey, for some reason that makes even less sense to me.  but you also can't keep playing and playing until someone wins in the regular season.  all that will do is make the players more tired, probably cause more injuries, and generally bring the whole level of play down.  as much as i love to see a 5 OT game in the playoffs, i wouldn't even stay up for a regular seaosn game.  and i actually love the 4 on 4 OT, but it probably should be a full extra period, then the shootout if need be.

also, question, are they doing the shootout in the playoffs?  that would be GAY.

PhillyGirl

No, I don't believe there is a shootout in the playoffs. I BELIEVE its the same old playoff system.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

no shootout in playoffs, same OT as previous playoffs years.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 05, 2006, 09:02:22 AM
Quote from: MDS on April 04, 2006, 11:01:36 PM
Quote from: MDS on March 15, 2006, 09:19:17 PMesche sucks

:-D

This post once again proves what a moron you are. You didn't watch the game. You have no idea that Esche HIMSELF got them a point in that game.

Please God...all I want for my birthday is an ignore feature.

i couldnt. i dont have oln. and i cant watch regular season hockey. its really boring.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Macnow's reporting that Forsberg is questionable for this weekend with a pulled left groin.

SD_Eagle5

dis12

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 06, 2006, 01:13:03 PM
Macnow's reporting that Forsberg is questionable for this weekend with a pulled left groin.

I don't care about home ice advantage (even though I have season tix), REST FORSBERG FOR THE PLAYOFFS! 
Bring in Turner Stevenson or better yet the college phenom Ryan Potulny.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

ice grillin you

the college phenom Ryan Potulny

lol...he appears to be a nice player but phenom i think not...he wasnt even a hobie baker finalist
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

dis12

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 07, 2006, 08:10:52 AM
the college phenom Ryan Potulny
lol...he appears to be a nice player but phenom i think not...he wasnt even a hobie baker finalist

His stats show he was: 
QuoteWas an All-WCHA First Team honoree and 2006 Hobey Baker Memorial Award Finalist after recording 38 goals and 25 assists for 63 points and 31 penalty minutes in 41 games for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers...Ranked first in the nation in points (63), goals (38) and goals per game (0.93), tied for first in power play goals (17) and was second in points per game (1.54)...Was first in the WCHA in goals (23) and tied for second in points (42)...Led Minnesota in goals (38), points (63), power play goals (17) and game-winning goals (5)...Career: Registered 68 goals and 50 assists for 118 points and 61 penalty minutes in 100 career games in three seasons with the Golden Gophers (2003-04 through 2005-06)
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

ice grillin you

he wasnt in the final three....which is who i consider the finalists...a phenom should win it...he didnt even make the final cut

dis12

ok, minus the comment "phenom"...replace it with "upper echelon"
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

SunMo

all i want to know is whether he's fast or not, and since Clarke drafted him, i'm sure he's not.

ice grillin you

he not fast not slow....hes a typical north american college player as far as skating...comparable to richards....what he supposedly has is GREAT hands....he is excellent around the net and should be a great power play guy...id like to see the flyers try him on the power play these last few games...it couldnt hurt

PoopyfaceMcGee

He's slow.  He played in the slow Big Ten.