FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

They can make a run without Johhnson as long as they don't have to play Tampa and they move Kapanen back to Defense.

ice grillin you

the fans werent reacting to umberger at all...they were booing the fact that it was a major/game misconduct

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 23, 2006, 01:15:10 PM
the fans werent reacting to umberger at all...they were booing the fact that it was a major/game misconduct

They were most certainly reacting to Umberger. The boo's stopped momentarily and then were the loudest the second he got up off the ice.

SunMo

Umberger got up at least 3 or 4 minutes after the call was made, they were definitley booing him to some extent.  they were probably booing him as the object of the call, but it was directed towards him.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

They were most certainly reacting to Umberger. The boo's stopped momentarily and then were the loudest the second he got up off the ice.

no it was as he was skating off that the 5 minutes went up on the scoreboard

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 23, 2006, 01:25:03 PM

no it was as he was skating off that the 5 minutes went up on the scoreboard

You couldn't be more wrong. He was down on the ice forever, the 5 minute major was already announced. The second he got to his feet the boo's came pouring down. Even the 3 stooges in the booth commented on it.

ice grillin you

You couldn't be more wrong. He was down on the ice forever, the 5 minute major was already announced. The second he got to his feet the boo's came pouring down. Even the 3 stooges in the booth commented on it.

i dont care what the announcers said...they booed when he first got hit cause it was a penaltyl...then umberger got up and they didnt boo at all until he was around center ice because the time posted then...

even tho they had determined that it was five minutes way before then and sent hullwig to the locker room...which is why us on tv and the announcers knew it was five but no one in the arena did until the time posted as umberger was skating off

SD_Eagle5

Don't know which game you were watching, but they started boo'ing the second he got up off the ice. The boo's just got progressively louder as he made his way to center ice.

BigEd76

4-0 Flyers 8 minutes into the game  :yay

PoopyfaceMcGee

...and also 29 minutes into the game...

The BIGSTUD

This game is OVER.

Flyers are back in business. Bring that Cup home.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

end the season. the flyers played well three games in a row.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

This game is OVER.

Flyers are back in business. Bring that Cup home.

post of the year!!

SD_Eagle5

Just got back from the game, awesome showing tonight. We can take anybody in the East with the exception of Tampa. We get them and we're farged.

ice grillin you

just to let yous know they beat ottawa earlier this year then lost 27 of 28

SETTLE DOWN!!!