FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

yeah, last night was a bit of a screw job, the game was only available on OLN, INHD or INHD2 didn't have it.

what i don't understand is why the away games aren't in HD.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 31, 2006, 09:36:13 AM
yeah, last night was a bit of a screw job, the game was only available on OLN, INHD or INHD2 didn't have it.

what i don't understand is why the away games aren't in HD.

Yep, I was annoyed it wasn't in HD either.  I'm starting to question paying $6.95/month for the "HD Suite", which includes HDNet and the InHD channels, and also ESPN HD.

SunMo

i don't pay any extra for HD channels from Comcast up here.  i get all the network HD channels, comcast sportsnetHD, espnHD, INHD, INHD2, Discovery HD, and HBO HD

ice grillin you

what is all this hdnet inhd and the like

espn hd is an actual channel?...doesnt their reg espn channel broadcast in hd now??...or only certain events

and whats this 6.95 extra you gotta pay

i gotta decide by sunday if i wanna buy this new tv and one of things that scares me is all the ancillary charges im gonna have to pay....not just hardware but $10 bucks extra a month for new hd receivers from comcast and ish like that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 31, 2006, 09:36:13 AMwhat i don't understand is why the away games aren't in HD.

Because CSN doesn't take their HD cameras with them to other cities...

SunMo

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 31, 2006, 10:50:03 AM
Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 31, 2006, 09:36:13 AMwhat i don't understand is why the away games aren't in HD.

why the farg not Ed!?  Huh?!?!??!  Why, why, why, why, why, why!?!??!!?

SunMo

HDNet is a HD channel started my Mavs owner Mark Cuban

INHD and INHD2 are similar channels.

these are channels that only show HD programming, some sports, and other HD friendly programming

PhillyGirl

Whats NBC's reason then? That game on Saturday not being on HD was pathetic.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 31, 2006, 10:49:38 AM

i gotta decide by sunday if i wanna buy this new tv and one of things that scares me is all the ancillary charges im gonna have to pay....not just hardware but $10 bucks extra a month for new hd receivers from comcast and ish like that

comcast is going to charge you an extra $10 for the HD cable box?  they didn't do that up here.  i had the digital cable and uprgraded to the HD box with DVR and i am paying an extra $7 a month but that's for the DVR only.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 31, 2006, 10:56:11 AM

when they listed the games, the Flyers/Tampa game was the 3rd one listed, i think they only have one HD crew and they send them to the marquee game that weekend.  the Flyers/Avs game wasn't HD either, but the Pissburgh game was.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 31, 2006, 10:56:31 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 31, 2006, 10:49:38 AM

comcast is going to charge you an extra $10 for the HD cable box?  they didn't do that up here.  i had the digital cable and uprgraded to the HD box with DVR and i am paying an extra $7 a month but that's for the DVR only.

Same here.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 31, 2006, 10:57:31 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 31, 2006, 10:56:11 AM

when they listed the games, the Flyers/Tampa game was the 3rd one listed, i think they only have one HD crew and they send them to the marquee game that weekend.  the Flyers/Avs game wasn't HD either, but the Pissburgh game was.

we all know they have more than one HD crew. They're hosting the Olympics with hundreds of them lol.

THey want to make hockey more WATCHABLE for newer fans, put it in HD.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yep, the HD digital cable box should run you the same rental fee as any other cable box.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 31, 2006, 10:59:55 AM
we all know they have more than one HD crew. They're hosting the Olympics with hundreds of them lol.

THey want to make hockey more WATCHABLE for newer fans, put it in HD.

yeah, when i said i think they only have one, i meant to say i think they only have they are willing to send to hockey games.  they probably are trying to limit their expenses as much as possible due to the fact that they only have a profit sharing agreement with the league.

BigEd76

Quote from: Sun_Mo on January 31, 2006, 10:54:21 AM
Quote from: BigEd76 on January 31, 2006, 10:50:03 AM

why the farg not Ed!?  Huh?!?!??!  Why, why, why, why, why, why!?!??!!?

Big ass trailers?  ???