FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

theres nothing to handle its all old time hockey tradition bs...desjardins did it for two years and was fine...true tho that he didnt want it so they wouldnt pick him again...but because its all about tradition i dont want some free agent rent a player being the flyers captain as it tarnishes the position...its not really an issue until it becomes permanent as temporary captains arent part of the legacy anyway
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

by the way, flyers are on OLN again tonight

PoopyfaceMcGee

Seabiscuit36

Yep it is on HD net....IGY Dejardins gave up his C voluntarily because he knew he wasnt a captain.  Johnnson isnt a leader except by example even then he is hurt every 5th game.  Gagne turned the C down 2 times.  Richards as much as i like him is still just a rookie and he cant captain a team where he's the young pup. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

i was looking at the roster the other day and we only have 3 righties on the entire team.  is that normal in hockey for most people to shoot left handed?

dis12

Quote from: phattymatty on January 30, 2006, 03:55:44 PM
i was looking at the roster the other day and we only have 3 righties on the entire team.  is that normal in hockey for most people to shoot left handed?
strange as that may seem, there are more lefties in hockey than righties.   must have something to do with the Molson and Moosehead :P
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

PoopyfaceMcGee

My dog inexplicably peed on the carpet, then immediately Jagr scored.  Is he psychic?

rjs246

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 30, 2006, 07:45:36 PM
My dog inexplicably peed on the carpet, then immediately Jagr scored. Is he psychic?

I just snorted laughing at this. Well done.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

Because the Flyers have more hope of bringing a championship to Philly this season than Sixers and Phils combined?

Sgt PSN

Do hockey championships really count though?  I mean..........it's hockey.  It's a Canadian sport for Christ's sake.  Surely it looses something during the exchange rate that would knock it down to the American equivilant of West Norriton Little League Champions or something. 

LBIggle

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 30, 2006, 08:37:27 PM
Do hockey championships really count though?  I mean..........it's hockey.  It's a Canadian sport for Christ's sake.  Surely it looses something during the exchange rate that would knock it down to the American equivilant of West Norriton Little League Champions or something. 

would u rather watch golf.

arena league start soon too right?

SD_Eagle5

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

Don't worry though, once the playoffs come around I'll be watching the Flyers.  Or stabbing myself in the eyes with a highlighter.  Which ever seems like more fun at the time.