FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Well goodbye primeau.  Thats the final sign to me.  Hatcher deserves the C he plays and acts like a captain.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 29, 2006, 02:00:48 PM
Derian Hatcher named captain

Hmmm, not saying thats a  bad decision, but if they were going to choose a player who's only been on the team for 1 year I'm a little surprised it wasn't Forsberg.

ice grillin you

the gawd brad richards would have been a better choice...hed part dave poulin part rick tocchet and part bobby clarke...i dont care that he just got out of diapers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 29, 2006, 03:38:03 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on January 29, 2006, 02:00:48 PM
Derian Hatcher named captain

Hmmm, not saying thats a  bad decision, but if they were going to choose a player who's only been on the team for 1 year I'm a little surprised it wasn't Forsberg.

Then they'd be without a captain for a week each month.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 29, 2006, 03:46:05 PM
the gawd brad richards would have been a better choice...hed part dave poulin part rick tocchet and part bobby clarke...i dont care that he just got out of diapers

You mean Mike?  :P

Seabiscuit36

Busted...IGY join the fanclub and order your Richards Black jersey
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

this thread certainly turned homeriffic
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 29, 2006, 03:38:03 PMHmmm, not saying thats a  bad decision, but if they were going to choose a player who's only been on the team for 1 year I'm a little surprised it wasn't Forsberg.

Hatcher was Hitchcock's captain in Dallas, so it makes sense...

dis12

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 29, 2006, 02:03:17 PM
Well goodbye primeau.  Thats the final sign to me.  Hatcher deserves the C he plays and acts like a captain.

Hatch may act like the captain, but in the "new" NHL, he looks slow.  I hope the "C" helps him pick up his game to what it should be.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

PhillyGirl

Quote from: dis12 on January 30, 2006, 10:41:12 AM

Hatch may act like the captain, but in the "new" NHL, he looks slow.  I hope the "C" helps him pick up his game to what it should be.

That's a HUGE misconception. Hatcher started off slow, but mainly because of his injury from training camp (that kept him from playing with a brand new team) and the 3 game suspension he had to deal with. He has become extremely solid and was voted top dman for the team in December.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 29, 2006, 06:37:20 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 29, 2006, 03:38:03 PMHmmm, not saying thats a  bad decision, but if they were going to choose a player who's only been on the team for 1 year I'm a little surprised it wasn't Forsberg.

Hatcher was Hitchcock's captain in Dallas, so it makes sense...

Good point, I didn't take that into consideration.

dis12

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 30, 2006, 10:57:49 AM
Quote from: dis12 on January 30, 2006, 10:41:12 AM

That's a HUGE misconception. Hatcher started off slow, but mainly because of his injury from training camp (that kept him from playing with a brand new team) and the 3 game suspension he had to deal with. He has become extremely solid and was voted top dman for the team in December.

Maybe the inconsistancy of the overall D got me going against Hatch.  Let's hope he will light a fire under the rest of the D-men's arses.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Seabiscuit36

Hatch may not be the fastest D man out there but he plays smart physical hockey and takes guys out by using angles.  Hatcher is the Definition of what a captain is, great choice.

ice grillin you

my problem with hatcher is that he isnt a flyer...i would have made richards the captian but i know thats not feasible...but if not him then gagne desjardins johnnson were all better choices...its only a temporary label so perhaps when desjardins comes back he gets it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 30, 2006, 12:57:59 PM
my problem with hatcher is that he isnt a flyer...i would have made richards the captian but i know thats not feasible...but if not him then gagne desjardins johnnson were all better choices...its only a temporary label so perhaps when desjardins comes back he gets it

he had once already and couldn't handle it, that's why Primeau had it.  Handzus would be a good choice.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.