FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Nitty and Esche are both better than Grahame and Burke. You don't consider Esche or Nitty anything special? What is your definition of special? Nitty and Esche aren't top 5 goalies, but they are quality goalies, and plenty of teams would welcome them as starters.

The Lightning aren't even that good this year, and barely beat the Flyers in 2003. The Flyers are a lot better this year than in 2003 and Tampa is worse this year than they were in 2003. The Flyers would win in a series.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

the lightning arent any good but their goalie has better numbers than either esche or nitty yet hes not as good they are....consider me confused

as for the flyer goalies esche is an average at best goalie on a very good team and nitty appears to be the same although he still has room to grow...right now tho hes not ready to lead anyone to a stanley cup

unless the flyers can get luongo or some other top flight goaltender they have little to no chance at the stanley cup
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

I like Esche better than Luongo. He's overrated IMO.

I still disagree with you. I think Nitty is plenty capable of a championship goalie.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on January 28, 2006, 09:52:27 PM
I like Esche better than Luongo. He's overrated IMO.

I still disagree with you. I think Nitty is plenty capable of a championship goalie.

Esche over Luongo?  :-D Come on man, what are you watching? And Nitty is a championship goalie, unfortunately we're talking 'Stanley' here and not 'Calder'.

Seabiscuit36

I would take Luongo over Esche and Nitty any day.  IGY i agree that goaltending is an issue again but no way is Esche worse than Burke.  Injuries are really taking a toll on a team that has lost something like 130 games to injury.  We need to get rid of Turner Stevenson asap he sucks.  Kim Johnnson needs to be healthy.  He was just getting to play normal before this latest injury. 
I want Forsberg to skip the olympics but it sounds like he's going to skip out the next week or so to get healthy and make a decision late. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

The BIGSTUD

I think Nitty has been playing at a high level. Not lately because of Esche's injury he played every game and is tired. He'll be back 100% after the break.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 28, 2006, 10:41:04 PM
  Injuries are really taking a toll on a team that has lost something like 130 games to injury. 

As of the game vs. the Habs it was 236 and tops in the league.

The BIGSTUD

I think Luongo is overrated. His GAA is 2.95. Nitty's is even better than that. I also think Luongo can leave too many rebounds at times.

Seabiscuit36

damn almost double what i rememberd hearing.  Nitty is a good goalie but there are weaknesses in his glove hand that teams are targeting.  I still feel Nitty is the better of the 2 but if Clarke found a way to get Luongo and get him signed long term this team will have even more of a shot to win the cup
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

The BIGSTUD

Nitty has made some spectacular saves, and sometimes he makes boneheaded plays. I think by the seasons end he'll gell into making more and more consistent great saves. I think he has the potential to be one of the bette goalies.

For what it would take go get Luongo I don't think it'd be worth it. Yeah, he's probably better than Esche, but I really don't think by much. They both let rebounds up in front of the net, but Luongo has never really done anything in this league as for as his teams record wise.

Seabiscuit36

But Luongo's team sucks.  They spend no money.  Esche is a good goalie dont get me wrong but he isnt Luongo by any chance.  I would love to swap them plus picks but its going to cost too much like a richards or carter. 

ice grillin you

I like Esche better than Luongo.

do you have any idea what esches goals against would be were he on florida??

luongo has had the most shots against in the nhl by more than 400!!! over the next closest goalie and his gaa is still better than esches....florida gives up a ridiculous 35 shots a game...luongo is one of a handful of special goalies in this league...im not sure if youre homer or you truly believe what you say...either way youre insane...you say that luongo would require to muich to give up in order to get yet hes not as good as esche?...if the flyers offered esche for luongo straight up theyd be arrested for extortion on the spot

IGY i agree that goaltending is an issue again but no way is Esche worse than Burke

never said that...i said tampas goaltending is as good or better than the flyers...but again burke is NOT tampas goalie

NGM

IGYDALA what does Nitty have to do that will show you he is a much better than average goalie?  The Flyers (especially their defensemen) are so turn over prone yet Nitty posts solid numbers.  Not to mention he probably has had the toughest schedule of all goalies in the league.  Also what are your thoughts on Philly being 2-0 on Ottawa, whom many believe are the best team in the NHL?
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

ice grillin you

IGYDALA what does Nitty have to do that will show you he is a much better than average goalie?

hes played 34 nhl games in his entire life...he has played zero playoff games...rookie goalies that have ever won the stanley cup = there arent any....sorry if im not quite ready to annoint him a cup caliber goalie much less even a number one goalie in the league....34 games???

BigEd76