FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SD_Eagle5

Forsberg needs to sit his ass out of the Olympics and rest up for a month. Playoffs are more important and we have no chance without him.

LBIggle

i hate to comment on esche only after he gets scorched, because he did have a good game when he came back, but jesus.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Flyers getting their asses handed to them. No way we can beat the Lighting in the playoffs, they have way too much speed.

The BIGSTUD

The Flyers would sweep them in the playoffs. The regular season record against them means nothing. When it comes to the big-time the Flyers are the superior team.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Seabiscuit36

They just need to get healthy.  Anyone see Sydor's lip get cut in 2 it was nasty
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 28, 2006, 04:11:14 PM
Flyers getting their asses handed to them. No way we can beat the Lighting in the playoffs, they have way too much speed.

That game was a bad one, no doubt.  NBC left the game to show Detroit-Dallas.  And it was so bad, I didn't care.

6-0?   :-D :boom :-D :boom :-D :boom :'(

ice grillin you

The Flyers would sweep them in the playoffs. The regular season record against them means nothing. When it comes to the big-time the Flyers are the superior team.

1. the flyers will sweep no one in the playoffs with the goaltending they have

2. flyers are not superior to tampa they are 0-3 against them this year

3. flyers cannot beat good teams or teams with better goaltending..they are now 10-16 vs teams over .500

the only hope against tampa in the playoffs...were they to face them...is that they have as bad goaltending as the fyers do...unfortunately their skaters are much better...even if the flyers are healthy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 28, 2006, 04:37:53 PM

3. flyers cannot beat good teams or teams with better goaltending..they are now 10-16 vs teams over .500

the only hope against tampa in the playoffs...were they to face them...is that they have as bad goaltending as the fyers do...unfortunately their skaters are much better...even if the flyers are healthy

Plenty of times in the NHL has a team lost a regular season series, but defeated them in the playoffs. The playoffs is a whole different game and more based on physicality than speed.

On top of that Nitty, and Esche are both a lot better than Burke.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

Plenty of times in the NHL has a team lost a regular season series, but defeated them in the playoffs.

yeah but what does that have to do with the flyers being superior to tampa

The playoffs is a whole different game and more based on physicality than speed.

not anymore...not even last time tampa and the flyers met...tampas speed made the difference and now with the new rules its even more pronounced

On top of that Nitty, and Esche are both a lot better than Burke.

no

The BIGSTUD

With all due respect, I think you need to watch more hockey.

Burke was the backup here in 2003 to Esche.

Esche is clearly the better goalie, and I still think it's up for debate whether Nitty is better than Esche, but Nitty certainly has more potential.

Burke is an average goalie.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 28, 2006, 04:37:53 PM

What ^he^ said not to mention Tampa has an awesome defense. Good goaltending is just an added bonus.

The BIGSTUD

I think a healthy Flyers team is the best team in hockey.

ice grillin you

With all due respect, I think you need to watch more hockey.

Burke was the backup here in 2003 to Esche.

with all due respect ive forgotten more about hockey than youll ever know

for example i know things like burke isnt the tamapa goalie...jon grahame is...and while he isnt anything special he is as good as nitty or esche...in fact he has better numbers than both of them