FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

that Umberger hit was the best I've seen in years.  dude had no clue what was going on.

phattymatty

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 22, 2006, 11:06:34 PM
It was clear tonight the Sabres can't play with the Flyers. The Flyers were outplayed all night and took them this far. If the Flyers actually show up like usual the games won't even be close.

But that is Philly sports for you. Waste a great effort by Esche.

Part of the reason I'm an atheist.

i can't even seem to read any of your posts anymore without getting annoyed.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: phattymatty on April 23, 2006, 10:23:09 AM
Quote from: Philly Forever on April 22, 2006, 11:06:34 PM
It was clear tonight the Sabres can't play with the Flyers. The Flyers were outplayed all night and took them this far. If the Flyers actually show up like usual the games won't even be close.

But that is Philly sports for you. Waste a great effort by Esche.

Part of the reason I'm an atheist.

i can't even seem to read any of your posts anymore without getting annoyed.

The Flyers didn't show up for most of that game and Esche was the only reason it wasn't 6-0 by the 3rd period. Not sure what annoys you so much about his post, but for the most part, he is right. The Flyers WERE outplayed and everyone on here (well, the ones who actually have watched hockey their whole lives) knows that if they show up and PLAY like they should and dont' get outhustled and outshot and outhit by the Sabres, they'll win.

PS....Umberger is fine
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: phattymatty on April 23, 2006, 10:22:09 AM
that Umberger hit was the best I've seen in years.  dude had no clue what was going on.

It sure was.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 23, 2006, 10:41:21 AM

PS....Umberger is fine

That's good to hear.  Sounds like he'll even play in game 2.

That's astounding, after watching the hit and the minutes after the hit when he was prone on the ice.

ice grillin you

That was the WORST the Flyers could play and the best the Sabres could play. The fact that they were even IN the game at the end was ridiculous.

They were HORRIBLY outplayed and HORRIBLY outshot and Esche had to stand on his head to keep them in the game.

Anyone who thinks anything else is completely retarded.

yeah they were horribly outplayed because buffalo is a better team...the next games will not be so close...a one goal overtime game is the best the flyers can do...they may steal one game in the series if forsberg wins a game by himself but thats it

im still literally sick over the umberger hit and the absolute inability and/or refusal of the team to rally behind him...he deserved better...

also that hit aside they flyers were actually outphysicaled by the sabres...which is unacceptable and embarrassing...everyone knows buffalo is going to skate circles around them but to be out hit by the sabres is sad
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 23, 2006, 02:10:17 PM
[also that hit aside they flyers were actually outphysicaled by the sabres...

I'm not one to point out grammar and spelling errors, but for some reason this made up word made me laugh.

I predicted the Sabres in 6, but they didn't impress me lastnight. I thought the Flyers were clearly the better team the last half of the game. I'm actually encouraged after a loss that we can beat this team.

PhillyandBCEagles

Flyers sucked in the first half of the game but after the near-brawl midway thru the 2nd we picked up our game.

Flyers in 6

SD_Eagle5

phillymic2000

Somebody needs to tear that bastich a new one tomorrow night. I don't care if it's legal or not, but watching that gives me the same feeling it would if one of my boys got destroyed. :boom

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 23, 2006, 02:10:17 PMim still literally sick over the umberger hit and the absolute inability and/or refusal of the team to rally behind him...he deserved better...

They started a brawl and ended up shorthanded when Carter defended him.  What were you watching?

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 23, 2006, 10:04:49 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 23, 2006, 02:10:17 PMim still literally sick over the umberger hit and the absolute inability and/or refusal of the team to rally behind him...he deserved better...

They started a brawl and ended up shorthanded when Carter defended him.  What were you watching?

Obviously not the game we all watched. Considering the rest of the comments made by this poster.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 23, 2006, 10:04:49 PM

They didn't end up short-handed.  I originally thought they had as well, but they were still 5-on-5.  Carter and Buffalo's Jay McKee each got a double minor for roughing.

From the boxscore:

QuotePhiladelphia roughing - 2 min 11:28, J. Carter 
Philadelphia roughing - 2 min 11:28, J. Carter 
Buffalo roughing - 2 min 11:28, J. McKee 
Buffalo roughing - 2 min 11:28, J. McKee 

ice grillin you

first of all to call that a brawl is laughable....more hockey less arena league would do you a good service

secondly im talking about scoring a goal and WINNING THE GAME for him...in todays nhl there is no retaliation cause youll be suspended for a decade...its a different game now...the way to win the battle is to win the war...this is where they sorely lack primeau...someone who will elevate their game when something like that happens and step up with a huge goal...someone who cares

again its just mind boggling that they were outhit by the friggin buffalo sabres...that cant happen and the only reason for it is a lack of trying and/or heart
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous