FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

It was clear tonight the Sabres can't play with the Flyers. The Flyers were outplayed all night and took them this far. If the Flyers actually show up like usual the games won't even be close.

But that is Philly sports for you. Waste a great effort by Esche.

Part of the reason I'm an atheist.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

wow great game by esche. defense sucked and the rest of the offense besides forsberg line.

before people jump on the esche bandwagon, lets see him do this over the course of a series. one game is great and all but its not even to declare the guy god.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

He did the same thing 2 years ago, and he's going to do it again this year. He's a stud in the playoffs. It's that simple.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 22, 2006, 11:06:34 PM
It was clear tonight the Sabres can't play with the Flyers. The Flyers were outplayed all night and took them this far. If the Flyers actually show up like usual the games won't even be close.

But that is Philly sports for you. Waste a great effort by Esche.

Part of the reason I'm an atheist.

Can't say I agree.  If Esche wasn't magnificent, the Flyers lose big time.

They've got to bring much more to the table to have a chance in this series.

The BIGSTUD

Well that's the thing. I expect Esche to play like this every night. He's a great playoff goalie. Something in him turns on in the playoffs. I can't explain it. Some players just have it.

The Flyers just have to play a lot harder. They didn't come to play tonight.

Geowhizzer

I've gotta say, that one save where Esche did the split was just incredible.

Even my wife winced.

PhillyPhreak54

I know the refs were bad tonight.

But the incessant whining by Coatsey, Dornhoeffer and Jackson is annoying. Coatsey is particularly annoying. Every call is a bad one to him.

Shut it, Coatsey.

The BIGSTUD

I like when Coatsey whines. He had every right to. Those calls were horrible.

PhillyPhreak54

PF, what're you, a Frenchman?

You're the ultimate contrarian.

Anyways, regardless of how bad they were Coatsey whines during every telecast. Tonight was just more than his usual cup o' whine that he pours on us.

The BIGSTUD

Not typically. I watched the game with a friend and we both talked during the game about how we were loving Coatsey.

MDS

I don't really know anything about hockey, so when a penalty is called or whatever, I'm really not sure if the right call was made. But even I can tell how whiny and bitchy Coats and Dornhoffer were. They continue to contribute the most homerstatic broadcast in the city. Even David Montgomery butt buddy Chris Wheeler doesn't match what those guys do.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

im sticking to my prediction of 4-1 sabres...this was the best the flyers could play and they still got dominated...game two i expect an easy buffalo win 4-1 5-2 ish

absolute embarrassment that your player gets put to sleep and you cant even win the game for him

the best player in the world lost the game...cant finish on an open net and gives away a goal...they are lucky it even went into overtime
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

That was the WORST the Flyers could play and the best the Sabres could play. The fact that they were even IN the game at the end was ridiculous.

They were HORRIBLY outplayed and HORRIBLY outshot and Esche had to stand on his head to keep them in the game.

Anyone who thinks anything else is completely retarded.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 23, 2006, 04:58:58 AM
this was the best the flyers could play and they still got dominated...

I couldn't disagree with you more, sure they were outplayed for the first half of the game, but for the last half and most of OT they were clearly the better team. Not to mention the refs were awful the entire game.

NGM

Did anyone else notice Knuble drift to the blueline on the OT goal?  I saw the replay and was trying to figure out what the hell he was doing.  It looked like if he stayed low he could have cut that pass off. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.