FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGM

I'm beginning to have pains in my chest and a tingling sensation in my arm.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: NGM on April 22, 2006, 09:39:41 PM

and its only game 1.  :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

The BIGSTUD

I can't believe all year people said Esche shouldn't be the goalie. It's like they forgot what happened 2 years ago in the playoffs. Esche was great in the playoffs then. During the regular season he can be hot and cold, but he's been nothing short of great in his playoff career for the Flyers.

Tonight he is absolutely terrific. Unless he completely falls apart, I think he secured his job as playoff goalie. 2 goals on like 40 shots? Outstanding.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

NGM

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 22, 2006, 09:43:03 PM
I can't believe all year people said Esche shouldn't be the goalie. It's like they forgot what happened 2 years ago in the playoffs. Esche was great in the playoffs then. During the regular season he can be hot and cold, but he's been nothing short of great in his playoff career for the Flyers.

Tonight he is absolutely terrific. Unless he completely falls apart, I think he secured his job as playoff goalie. 2 goals on like 40 shots? Outstanding.

You're right, I said Nitty should be the guy.  So far this is the best tasting crow I've ever had. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: NGM on April 22, 2006, 09:39:41 PM

:-D

Fortunately, the Flyers looked so bad for so much of the game, I haven't had any physical symptoms... yet.

The sweats have started now that OT looms, though.  :paranoid

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

The best part of playoff hockey- no shootout!  :D

NGM

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 22, 2006, 10:10:13 PM
Ah, man, Umberger is out cold.

That was very Stevens Lindrosesque right there.

Also Robert Esche uber alles.   :yay

PhillyGirl

All you Esche haters.

Eat shtein.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Man, this is a great game!

Robert Esche is on fargin fire. That pad save on the shot by Drury was tight. He's been on all night. Hopefully they can put one in and win this and let him go out on this great game and build on it.

That hit on Umberger was a big one. He was talking to dead relatives after that one. The look in his eyes was not good.

Derian Hatcher has played well too. You can tell his legs ain't right but he's guttin it out.

Give me a big hit for the Flyers and a GW goal and let's call it a night.

NGM

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 22, 2006, 10:39:41 PM
Man, this is a great game!

Robert Esche is on fargin fire. That pad save on the shot by Drury was tight. He's been on all night. Hopefully they can put one in and win this and let him go out on this great game and build on it.

That hit on Umberger was a big one. He was talking to dead relatives after that one. The look in his eyes was not good.

Derian Hatcher has played well too. You can tell his legs ain't right but he's guttin it out.

Give me a big hit for the Flyers and a GW goal and let's call it a night.

Amen brother.

Geowhizzer

NGM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :boom

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

Goddamn.

That one that Kapanen missed by an inch is a killer. They were so close to winning this one. And it spoiled a great game by Esche.