FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Great game all-around.

Nice playmaking.

Good goaltending by Niittymaki.

Good physical play.

Flyers keep that up. they can do something in the playoffs.

MDS

Gee, Esche didn't play and they won. Hmmmmmm.

Gotta beat the stinking Devils now. Don't choke...again.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Nittymaki and Esche are infuriatingly similarly erratic.

ice grillin you

if missed exactly three flyer games all year and todays game was bar none the best game ive seen them play all year

tomorrows game is the most important game theyve played since game 7 of the tampa series...everything they did today can go for shtein or they can build on it with a win (hopefully another convincing win) tommorow...and this has nothing to do with winning the division or who they play in the first round...its all about whether today was a turning point and whether these were the flyers that can show up in the playoffs...and if thats the case they can beat anyone...if they go out like suckers tommorow kiss the season goodbye they are the same old dogs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

dis12

I FARGING HATE THE DEVILS!  A LOT!

Like, FARGING HATE!
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

ice grillin you

they are just so good....always make the right play always in the right position a great goaltender and everyone on the team can skate...the flyers just arent in their league...they just dont have the offensive talent to score against them...especially without forsberg

SD_Eagle5

I hate them too, but they're the hottest team in the league right now. They always seem to peak at the right time.

ice grillin you

i missed the start...why is forsberg out...groin again..or precautionary measure...or hopefully the flu

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 16, 2006, 02:19:31 PM
i missed the start...why is forsberg out...groin again..or precautionary measure...or hopefully the flu

Don't have an answer for you - and I've only caught bits and pieces of this game so far - but didn't Esche start?

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

esche started and gave up two of the worst goals youll ever see...and promptly got yanked

PhillyPhreak54

Anthony SanFilippo was on WIP while I was washing my truck:

1. Forsberg is injured again. He said it doesn't sound good because Peter is usually up front about his injuries and the timeframe and when he hurt himself, etc. But today he wouldn't give any straight answers and he said that he'd have to see if he can go when the playoffs start. No specific mention from the team or him what the deal is.

2. After Esche got pulled he pulled a Roman Chekmanek on the bench. He was talking shtein to some people. I don't know if it was directly or just saying shtein loud enough for people to hear and Donald Brashear took exception and they had a "heated exchange". SanFilippo said some of the people in the press box were calling Robert Esche, Robert Eschemanek.

Doesn't sound too good on Forsberg. And the goalies are too inconsistent. :-\

ice grillin you

And the goalies are too inconsistent

1994 says hello!

ice grillin you

i want a ranger flyer series...not only is it one of the best rivalries in all of sports but the rangers are a team the flyers can actually beat

easy....i didnt see the chances that the flyers lose in the first round?

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think they win a 7-game series with either the Rangers or Sabres, but they lose to the Devils.