FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

The Flyers should never have made it to overtime.  Esche should sue for lack of support.

Esche singlehandedly earned them the point.

By the way, have I ever said how much I hate the shootout?  :boom

The BIGSTUD

That's because the Flyers suck at them.

Without Forsberg, the Flyers really have no players that can shake a defender as goal scorers.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 04, 2006, 10:56:12 PM
That's because the Flyers suck at them.

Without Forsberg, the Flyers really have no players that can shake a defender as goal scorers.

Actually, I've been against them from the beginning (if anyone actually wanted to check back in these posts... yeah, right).

I just hate playing 65 minutes of hockey to have it decided by the freaking Ice Capades.  Play a freaking complete OT period at least.

Of course, the Flyers losing doesn't help my mood any, either.  :boom

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

i don't get people who don't like the shootout.  don't they realize that friggen games that end in a tie do 2000x more to de-legitimize a sport than having a gimmick like a shootout?

it's still ridiculous that the losing team in overtime gets a point, it' inane that they use a point system, period.

what makes a hockey team so much more special than a baseball, basketball, or football team that works hard but can't finish the job in overtime.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 04, 2006, 11:03:02 PM
i don't get people who don't like the shootout.  don't they realize that friggen games that end in a tie do 2000x more to de-legitimize a sport than having a gimmick like a shootout?

it's still ridiculous that the losing team in overtime gets a point, it' inane that they use a point system, period.

what makes a hockey team so much more special than a baseball, basketball, or football team that works hard but can't finish the job in overtime.

Play the freaking game until there is a winner.  Heck, at least play a FULL OT period.

Stupid, stupid way to end a hard-fought hockey game.

SunMo

at least they're deciding a winner, which is better than the previous method.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

The BIGSTUD

I agree, I hate the shootout.

But in the NHL, home ice advantage means less than any other sport. So whether the Flyers win the division or not won't matter. In the NHL it usually comes down to the best team wins regardless of seeds.

The Flyers have a great coach, so to me it comes down to whether the Flyers prove they are the team that once had the best record in hockey(if only for a day), or the team that went on a big losing streak toward the end of the season.

I think we are the former, and will prove it in the playoffs. The playoffs are about goalies and physicality. The Flyers have the latter, and if Esche keeps this up, they have the both. That is why I like this Flyers team in the playoffs. Even against the quicker teams like Tampa and Buffalo.

MDS

ties are for the gays. how else can you settle a point?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Father Demon

I've said since the beginning...   play till one team drops.  No shoot-outs, no ties.  Keep playing regulation periods until one team is a winner.  It's really the only fair way to decide.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on April 04, 2006, 11:53:32 PM
I've said since the beginning...   play till one team drops.  No shoot-outs, no ties.  Keep playing regulation periods until one team is a winner.  It's really the only fair way to decide.

What if your team can't "drop" because it never really got "up" for the game... a la the 2005-2006 St. Louis Blues?

ice grillin you

you cant be playing till midnight and beyond on a tuesday nite in the regular season...then people would be bitching about games going for to long

the shootout is fine...sun is right tho they need to get away from rewarding the losing team with points

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MDS on April 04, 2006, 11:01:36 PM
Quote from: MDS on March 15, 2006, 09:19:17 PMesche sucks

:-D

This post once again proves what a moron you are. You didn't watch the game. You have no idea that Esche HIMSELF got them a point in that game.

Please God...all I want for my birthday is an ignore feature.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on April 04, 2006, 11:53:32 PM

Amen.

I don't mind the 4-man OT (as much).  Extend it to one FULL OT period.  99% of those games will be decided in that first OT.

For the one percent of the games that aren't, do the shootout (though I'd still rather a 2nd OT).

What's next, a punt pass and kick competition to eliminate the rare ties in football?