FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

of the end, because they arent winning the cup with esche or nittymakii
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Bring Jeff Hackett out of retirement!

ice grillin you

recent history suggests the flyers canot beat an ottawa buffalo or tampa type team in a series

in fact the only teams theyve beaten have been slower defensive oriented teams like new jersey and toronto

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

So basically anything other than a Devils-Rangers-Thrashers path to the finals means elimination?

ice grillin you

i think they can beat ottawa this year...especially with hasek injured/not as good anymore...in fact they can lose to or beat any team except

buffalo
or
carolina

if and when they hit one of those two say bye bye

rangers will also beat them if lundquivst plays like he has all year

SD_Eagle5

Flyers lose to the Leafs 3-2. Crappy overall effort tonight. Abian was great in net.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

all you still riding high off that HUGE ottawa win?

MDS

SunMo

QuoteHobey Baker finalist agrees to contract with Flyers
By Tim Panaccio
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Good thing Ryan Potulny is a finalist for this year's Hobey Baker Award because he won't be around the University of Minnesota next season.

The 6-foot, 190-pound junior center who was a third-round draft pick of the Flyers in 2003, agreed to a two-year contract yesterday.

By signing, Potulny will forgo his senior year.

"With the year that Ryan had, I can fully understand that he feels ready for the next level," said Gopher coach Don Lucia. "He has elevated his play in each year that he has been at the University of Minnesota.

"After scoring 38 goals this season, I think Ryan has proven that he is ready to take the next step in his hockey career. He has been a tremendous asset and ambassador for Gopher Hockey, and we wish him nothing but the best as he embarks on his professional hockey career."

Potulny had career-highs in goals (38), assists (25) and points (63) this season. He ranked first in the WCHA in points per game (1.54), goals per game (0.93), and power play goals (17). His points, goals, and points per game average were first in the country. Minnesota was 25-4-1 when he recorded at least one point.

is he eligible to play for the Phantoms or Flyers right away?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MDS on March 29, 2006, 11:36:17 AM
Quote from: Philly Forever on March 25, 2006, 08:27:26 PM
This game is OVER.

Flyers are back in business. Bring that Cup home.

:-D

Yeah, ooh, they lost A game.

stfu.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

He'll start with the Phantoms...

SunMo

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 29, 2006, 08:48:31 PM
He'll start with the Phantoms...

QuotePotulny practices

University of Minnesota center Ryan Potulny, who came out a year early to sign a two-year contract on Wednesday, practiced with the Flyers on Thursday. Due to the structure of his contract (which essentially begins now), he can't go to the Phantoms. However, he is eligible to play in an NHL game, and Hitchcock raised the possibility that he would.

the aura of BigEd has been smashed
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

biged dont know shtein about hockey

he knows hockey like i know arena league