FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Always nice to see the Flyers beat Los Diablos and the Blueskirts on consecutive nights.  :yay

Someone needs to break Lady Jagr's legs, though.  He was darn near unstoppable.

Good hustle by Kapanen on the empty netter to put it away.

BigEd76

Tied for 1st place in the division again...  :yay

Geowhizzer

Loved the goal by Carter, too.  That kid has a great scoring touch.

And Knuble nets his 30th.  :yay

dis12

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 22, 2006, 09:34:49 PM
1-Always nice to see the Flyers beat Los Diablos and the Blueskirts on consecutive nights.  :yay

2-Someone needs to break Lady Jagr's legs, though.  He was darn near unstoppable.

3-Good hustle by Kapanen on the empty netter to put it away.

1-yes! and yes!
2-YES! and I hate that Jagirl!
3-YES
plus strong Defense
Oh, and Esche had a nice night....although I still prefer Nitty.

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

henchmanUK

Saw a bit of that game last night - the first time I have seen the Flyers in ages (I think since the playoff loss to Tampa Bay). Gagne is ace. Rags are a one-man team and it was nice of their fans to boo Umberger after Hollweg tried to break his neck. First time I've seen my old Quebec boy Forsberg wearing a Flyers jersey. Good stuff.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PhillyGirl

Great game.  :yay 

That Gagne steal of the puck and goal was beautiful.  :yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

handzus makes a world of difference for this team...his defensive presence is invaluable

other than the best player on the planet who is next to unstoppable the flyers played a superb game...i realize the rangers had last switch but i would have liked to see hitch get around it a little more and not have nedved on the ice vs jagr so much...try to get zeus against him....tho im not sure anyone could have stopped him last night he was possesed

the best flyers deadline deal was the rangers getting ozolinsh...his drug and alcohol induced shakes cause him to give the puck almost on cue...hes an abomination

flyers only have three games in the next nine days and they are all at home...they should be rested and ready for each one and i expect nothing less than 3-0
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

I farging love this part of the season... if these shteinheads can stay healthy they look like they may be getting a little bit of life back in their legs. About goddamn time.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

I was watching the TSN (Canada's ESPN) telecast of the game on my dish last night.

When Hollweg hit Umberger into the boards, the broadcasters commented on the fact that the Rangers fans were booing Umberger when he was trying to get up and skate off the ice.  They kind of went off about it.

Knowing that there are often a bunch of O&B in the stands at these games, it would have been interesting to see what went on in the stands after the hit.

BigEd76

For some reason, the Flyers website doesn't have it, Philly.com doesn't have it, and none of the USA sports websites has it, but apparently Gauthier signed a 3-yr extension...

Quebec sucks

2006-07 = $2M
2007-08 = $2.1M
2008-09 = $2.2M

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 23, 2006, 12:06:43 PM
For some reason, the Flyers website doesn't have it, Philly.com doesn't have it, and none of the USA sports websites has it, but apparently Gauthier signed a 3-yr extension...

Quebec sucks

2006-07 = $2M
2007-08 = $2.1M
2008-09 = $2.2M

www.freetranslation.com

SunMo

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 23, 2006, 12:11:57 PM

Quebec sucks

2006-07 = $2M
2007-08 = $2.1M
2008-09 = $2.2M

www.freetranslation.com

it's pretty funny:

QuoteGauthier: three years to Philadelphia Version imprimable To Print Reply to this item Reply (Photo PERCENT) Denis Gauthier will remain with the Flyers.  (Photo PERCENT) Denis Gauthier will remain with the Flyers.  Wednesday March 22 2006 - (RDS.ca) – The Philadelphia Flyers had not the intention to leave to spin Denis Gauthier and they put it under contract for the three next seasons. 

The sturdy defender some came to an understanding of three years of a value of 6,3 million $ with the Flyers him that had to become autonomous player this summer. 

Gauthier will pocket two million $ in 2006-07, 2,1 million $ the following season and 2,2 million $ in 2008-09. 

The Flyers obtained the services of Gauthier at the time of the date limit of the transactions in return of the attack Josh Gratton and two choices of round second one.  Before the season 2005-06, Gauthier had disputed all his career in the uniform of the Flames of Calgary. 

In 51 games this season, Gauthier has a to card of two goals and nine pass and passed 63 minutes to the bench of the punishments. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

That's what makes internet translation sites so great, even though they butcher it.  ;D

I use http://babel.altavista.com, but I didn't need it for this one...

Quotepassed 63 minutes to the bench of the punishments

:-D

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: rjs246 on March 23, 2006, 10:46:46 AM
I farging love this part of the season... if these shteinheads can stay healthy they look like they may be getting a little bit of life back in their legs. About goddamn time.

They've definitely got their second wind, I just hope we can avoid Tampa altogether, because they'll sweep us.

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 23, 2006, 11:29:43 AM
I was watching the TSN (Canada's ESPN) telecast of the game on my dish last night.

When Hollweg hit Umberger into the boards, the broadcasters commented on the fact that the Rangers fans were booing Umberger when he was trying to get up and skate off the ice. They kind of went off about it.

Knowing that there are often a bunch of O&B in the stands at these games, it would have been interesting to see what went on in the stands after the hit.

Rangers fans were boo'ing up a storm. Umberger was down for a while and bleeding too. Not saying Flyers fans would react differently, but when a players been down a while and bleeding there's usually an applause or two mixed in with the boo's.

Quebec sucks

2006-07 = $2M
2007-08 = $2.1M
2008-09 = $2.2M

Meh, Gauthier's not bad so far but I want less of the Gauthier/Rathje type and more of the Pitkanen/Johhnson type (excluding injuries). So tired of seeing teams skate circles around our slow defense, it was bad before but with the new rule changes it's killing us.

SunMo

if they can get Johnson back for the playoffs, i think they can make a run, not having him will be really bad.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.