Clarett signs incentive-laden deal with no guaranteed money.

Started by Geowhizzer, July 28, 2005, 10:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

QuoteBill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports former Denver Broncos RB Maurice Clarett went unclaimed off the waiver wire Wednesday, Aug. 31, after his official release from the Broncos on Tuesday, Aug. 30.

rjs246

Whatdya think? Will anyone even bother signing him to a practice squad?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

TexasEagle

Quote from: rjs246 on September 01, 2005, 02:37:18 PM
Whatdya think? Will anyone even bother signing him to a practice squad?

No. He's farged unless someone loses a RB early in the season and even then it's a slim chance someone picks him up. In fact, I'd be shocked if he made a PS this year.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

TexasEagle

I bet he'd never have cleared wavers if he hadn't pulled that shtein trying to break into the NFL without putting in his due time. Kid farged himself big time.

PoopyfaceMcGee

He wouldn't have farged himself if he were any good.

He's slow, injury-prone, and not that powerful for an NFL back.  For a college back, he was a bruiser.

MURP

QuoteAccording to two sources, Clarett is already $1 million in debt from legal fees for his fight with the NFL and other costs. According to associates, Clarett even turned down a traditional signing bonus of $413,000 in his original contract with Denver because Kenner wanted incentives that would pay Clarett if he became a star.

That all backfired after a series of off-field events resulted in Clarett being cut. He reported to training camp at 248 pounds (at least 20 pounds overweight), was slow to return from an injury, had run-ins with coaches and was even found drinking alcohol in the team's weight room.   :-D

When contacted by The Herald, Kenner said: ''I'm not at liberty to discuss any of those matters. But thank you for the call.'' Kenner then hung up.

''It's a joke,'' said a person close to Clarett who declined to be identified. ``It's ridiculous how badly this thing is screwed up. In the minds of the people around Maurice, he was going to walk in and be a superstar. They kept filling his head with that idea, and he thought he was already the man before he did anything.''

link

MDS

reminds me of chevy chase with fame getting to your head, except he didnt have any success
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

clarett signed with the eastern indoor football league whatever the hell that is
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Sgt PSN

Clarett is confused and thinks he's signing with an actual group of hitmen. 

BigEd76

Looks like they're adding a team in Maryland to increase it to four teams.  Progress!

QB Eagles

Looks like the team is having some troubles.

And seriously, who names their team the Hitmen and has a logo of a mobster with a gun, complete with organized crime pictures and gunshot sound effects on the website? Was the name Mahoning Valley Serial Rapists taken?